What is the boxing forums take on mayweathers career?

GreatWhiteBuffalo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
he lost in the olympics, got beaten by Castillo and gifted a win. Lots of shady antics including glove requirements, drug testing, etc. what is the boxing forums take on mayweathers career?

One of the greats.

Fought nothing but champs and P4Pers for over a decade.

I'm not big on fans making up their own results, Floyd beat Castillo, like it or not.

He is an all time great. It cannot be argued.

He's still a twat tho.

Floyd Mayweather je. was the best defense boxer ever and inspiration for training boxing just like Loma

One of the greats, top 5 defensive boxer all time, one of the best of his era, fought a shit ton of champs and p4p rankers, had one of the hardest/most frustrating styles to go up against, ect.

Amazing boxer, not so good person.

Maybe the greatest pure boxer other than (SRR IMO) in history. Wasn't a wow fighter and had little power an fought many fights most casuals view as boring. But had IMO the greatest defense ever an maybe the greatest in ring IQ ever. Hate him personally but as for talent the guy toyed with great fighters - and despite folks saying he ducked this guy or that guy fought a GREAT resume.

A testament to how smart he really was ------- he had a fighting style that was boring (to casuals) yet became the biggest selling fighter ever.

While I personally wouldn't rank him ahead of SRR - he is a top 3 ever fighter

One of the best defensive fighters of all time, incredible discipline, skill..

Wish he fought more and moved up in weight more.

Universally acclaimed as one of the best of all time, and THE best of his generation...

Top 10 ATG, master of adjustments, marketing genius.

A boxer you'll love if you're more into shutouts than slugfests.

Not quite the upstanding citizen, but then again, that's boxing.

Clinton Woods level.

Top 10 ATG, master of adjustments, marketing genius.

A boxer you'll love if you're more into shutouts than slugfests.

Not quite the upstanding citizen, but then again, that's boxing.

Clinton Woods level.

Only a Flomo would say this.

He got robbed in the Olympics, had a drawish fight with Castillo which he immediately avenged, and faced elite fighters fairly consistently from 1998-2015 over 5 weight classes without losing. He's the greatest of his era, top 15 all-time at worst, and likely breaks the top 10.

Shit, that too. More prestigious than that UFC trinket, as well.

Serving time in the Clark County Detention Center, I have no doubt his superior athleticism warranted him the gold medal at some hopscotch tournament, or something.

He’s an ATG and best of his generation. People say he was boring but who wouldn’t go through a long ass elite boxing career and take virtually no punishment, he won’t be punch drunk that’s for sure.

And oh yes, earn a cuntload of money.

Very good one of the best to ever do it. Something I despise is when someone who claimes to be a fan of boxing says " Mayweather is boring. He just ran the whole time blah blah blah. " Anyone who actually understands what the hell they are watching should never fkn say those words.
Leave that to the ladies in line at a restaurant waiting to pay, talking about a boxing fight they saw on Saturday with Mayweather and how boring it was because he didn't wanna fight and kept running.....

Ya I've heard that before and I just think to myself it's funny cuz they don't know what they are watching. But when I hear grown ass men or boxing
" fans " say shit like that it does bother me a bit I must say.

Back