What is something unexplainable that happened to you but you'll sound crazy if you tell others?

I once thought that a dark entity had control over me. I was into lucid dreaming and astral projection but my mind wasn't in the right place (unemployed, broke up with gf,etc) when I was doing that stuff. I started seeing scaring stuff and hearing loud noises. Eventually it effected me and my anxiety got worse and as a result I was sleeping poorly. Noises throughout the day got really loud, people sounded louder, I would jump at everything . I don't know you personally but you sure it wasn't just anxiety? I never knew how much nerves could mess you up until I had that
Yeah I have anxiety and always consider the rational explanation first. Which is usually it's all in your head. So I've had odd experiences alone that I fully concede could just be nerves.

But all the stuff I mentioned involved other people that experienced the same thing I did. So it could still be mass hypnosis or hallucination, because that does happen. Or it could actually be an inexplicable experience. No way to know for sure.

I dropped a cigarette and it landed standing on the filter. My friend actually saw it but was not impressed.
I did that once. Flicked a cigarette away and it landed standing straight up. Everyone saw it, I was awesome for about 30 seconds.

I don’t tell too many people this one.

Back in 2012 I was on vacation in Waikiki with my wife. I fell asleep at the beach and had a very vivid dream where I’m sitting on the same beach and the sun is setting. A girl(maybe 18 or 19 years old) walks up to me with two guys similar in age(insert brazzers meme here). The girl says to me “hey Dad. We’re just going to go back to the hotel to get ready for dinner.” I don’t respond but I do notice that the two guys are identical to each other. As they’re walking away one of the guys asks me “need anything, Dad?” And then I woke up.

This was 2012. My wife and I had no children at the time.

2018 I’m the proud dad to a little girl and identical twin boys.
I had a similar experience. I had a dream about a young blonde girl smiling at me. I woke up and told my wife, "I just saw our daughter," and described the girl in detail, including the warm light around her.

A couple weeks later, she finds out that she is pregnant and we have a girlgwith blonde hair. Now, I would write this all off as coincidence,but when she was about 5 years old, I took a pic of her. When I saw it, I got chills. It was the exact image from my dream.

I had a dream and when I woke my underwear was stuck to my cock.

Standard UFO sighting when I was a teen. Saw a disc shaped object that stayed stationary for a minute then suddenly flew across the evening sky faster than any passenger plane. Could've been some black ops military craft or aliens. All I know is that I witnessed something I had no answer for.

The next morning I told her expecting her to tell me I dreamt it, sometimes I have vivid dreams and talk in my sleep. But she was still freaked out about it so I was like :eek:

People have run experiments where they suggest to others ghostly experiences and it's recorded that others will often report seeing them also. Add in the subject being half asleep so they're more suggestable and potential mental illness and you have a situation where such a thing could more likely occur.

It doesn't sound very out there. You likely were asleep which is why you weren't bothered. You probably talked in your sleep, she was likely suggestable.

People have run experiments where they suggest to others ghostly experiences and it's recorded that others will often report seeing them also. Add in the subject being half asleep so they're more suggestable and potential mental illness and you have a situation where such a thing could more likely occur.

It doesn't sound very out there. You likely were asleep which is why you weren't bothered. You probably talked in your sleep, she was likely suggestable.
It's certainly possible. That's not how I remember it though. I've studied psychology pretty extensively so I usually consider all rational explanations first. I don't rule out the supernatural or paranormal, but I recognize it's the lower percentage outcome.

It's certainly possible. That's not how I remember it though. I've studied psychology pretty extensively so I usually consider all rational explanations first. I don't rule out the supernatural or paranormal, but I recognize it's the lower percentage outcome.

I have had a couple of experiences that I can't easily explain, but they happened when I was going through a lot and was 17-18.

I know enough about eye witness testimony to appreciate what I think I saw and what happened are likely two different things. That I cannot trust my subjective experience.

I both know they happened and that they likely didn't.

A good fall back is what is more likely, like you say: was I wrong, suggestable, hallucinating, or is there a whole aspect to this world that would revolutionise how we understand it, that just isn't measurable?

To put it another way, was I wrong, or was the entire observable universe (or every observer) wrong all the time we've been quantifying it as a species.

I have had a couple of experiences that I can't easily explain, but they happened when I was going through a lot and was 17-18.

I know enough about eye witness testimony to appreciate what I think I saw and what happened are likely two different things. That I cannot trust my subjective experience.

I both know they happened and that they likely didn't.

A good fall back is what is more likely, like you say: was I wrong, suggestable, hallucinating, or is there a whole aspect to this world that would revolutionise how we understand it, that just isn't measurable?

To put it another way, was I wrong, or was the entire observable universe (or every observer) wrong all the time we've been quantifying it as a species.
Using pretty much that same logic I dismissed some of the things that happened when I was younger or alone. A good chunk of these experiences were throughout my mid 20s and other people saw or felt the same things I did.

Those ones are a bit more interesting because it would mean multiple people were having the exact same break from reality that I was at the same time. Not impossible, for sure. Mass hallucinations and hypnosis does happen . Although there is also a possibility I experienced something out of the ordinary. The important thing to me is to maintain logic either way. Essentially don't think like a crazy person because you might have seen a crazy thing.

A few years back my Brother came around to my house. We had been having a conversation about our recently deceased Grandmother when after about ten minutes my house phone rang. I picked it up and could hear a conversation in the background and assumed someone had pocket dialled me. Upon listening more intently it was the conversation my Brother and I had about ten minutes earlier and played it in speakerphone to my Brother. I assumed it was one of us that had pocket dialled the landline and were being replayed a voicemail message but my Brother had left his mobile in his car and mine was up on the mantle piece. After hanging up the house phone we called the voicemail back and there was no message. It was really bizarre and I am completely stumped as to what coyld have caused it. Any telephone engineer brahs to gtfih and offer an explanation?

woke up wide awake from an intense dream and immediately said to myself...mom's here. then i felt the blankets being pulled over me...there was noone there.

same thing in mexico...woke up wide awake to a mans voice and then felt a kiss on my forehead...everyone else was fast asleep in the room.i think it was my dad...

Not sure why this isn't brought up in other countries, but in the Philippines, when you dream about losing a single tooth, someone is surely to die. I believe this since it has happened to me like twice already, and I know a lot of people who can attest to this as well. This is pretty common knowledge in the Philippines and the dream that I fear of having the

my grade 5 teacher mr orm told us about a tooth dream then next day he learned his brother died...
i specifacally remember him saying that his 2 front teeth were swinging back and forth.

after his brother died he had a dream where his 2 front teeth stopped swinging and solidified back into their normal place.

afterward he learned that about tooth dreams

Last edited:
I am from Brazil, and that's not common, but I remember a girl whose mother always claimed that predicted someone's death when she dreamed about losing a tooth. Weird huh?

By any chance could the girl probably be a Filipina? Anyway what bothers me is that this is so prevalent in the Philippines but it's almost not known in other countries. Is it in the food we it? is it the women? Is it manny pacquiao? I don't know man.

True in Haiti as well. It is interesting how countries with no connection to one another on different sides of the world happen to have similar superstitions.

This sounds freakin nuts but is 100% true.

In 2007 i totally lost my mind and told my parents to hog tie me and take me to the hospital. I asked them to inject me with a sedative to knock me out because I couldn't sleep. The hospital obliged and then knocked me out.

I woke up the next day in Prince William hospital. I felt ok except I then saw dave chapelle in the room with me. This was a super mind fuck because I knew who he was but wasn't sure if he was really there.

He was really there and I totally made an ass out of myself trying to come off as normal. He exclaimed to the nurses that he was ok, I exclaimed that cellphone towers were tapping into our brainwaves and controlling us. In the end his manager got him out in 2 days while I stayed in there and explained to the people that I wouldn’t stab them with plastic sporks.

This is difficult to talk about.

Several years ago my younger sister passed away in her late 20’s in a tragedy, it had quite an impact on my brother and I who lived together at the time.

Within about a week, one night I woke up to what I can only describe as an entity hovering over me, within about 2-3 feet of my face.
It’s was very hard to make out details, but it was humanoid and very shadowed, I couldn’t make out any features aside from what could have been a mouth.
To me it was definitely something real (metaphysical or not).

There was some type of energy, for lack of a better term, clearly connecting this entity’s mouth to my mouth, in a constant stream. My body felt extremely strange during this ordeal, seemingly due to this unknown energy or whatever it was entering my body through my mouth (or something being taken from me). The way my mind interpreted this, was that this entity was either putting something inside me, or taking something out.

I was completely paralyzed during this time, which lasted as far I can remember for about 10 seconds. That’s all I remember.

It was the most terrifying thing that’s ever happened to me. Trying to rationalize it over the years:

- I was either dreaming and it never happened

- I suffered from an episode of sleep paralysis, however this is the only time this has ever happened to me, I’ve never had any other episode of sleep paralysis in my life that I recall

- Something indeed visited me and interacted with my biology in a way that is unknown. This is what I still think about to this day.

The most common rationalization that I feel might have happened is that this thing removed something from my biological body, such as a disease (that wasn’t diagnosed yet), specifically cancer. But of course I have no idea and it will likely bother me for the rest of my life.

For as far back as I can remember, I had this unexplained scar on my right foot, with absolutely no knowledge or recollection of anything happening to have caused it. Well, when I was 22 years old spending a day at Venice Beach in California, I received a pretty nasty cut from a stingray after accidentally stepping on the brute. When I emerged from the water, I found that the precise entirety of my existing scar was a bleeding puncture from the sting. Once it healed, it looked exactly the same as it ever had and still does to this day.
I have an unexplainable scar in my back, right down part. Its aboit 7 inches long. I hope I dont follow your path.

Today a baby sparrow was on my window's frame, chirping and calling constantly, it looked like he couldn't fly for some reason (maybe injured or still too young to fly? he could move from frame to frame without problems tho), his mom and dad would stop by, feed him and fly away, this went on for a hour, then I left and when I came back the sparrow wasn't there anymore. :eek::eek::eek:
BUT HOW COULD THE BABY SPARROW FLY ON MY WINDOW'S FRAME IN THE FIRST PLACE IF HE COULDN'T FLY? (I live on the second floor), AND HOW DID HE FINALLY FLY AWAY (presumably)? :eek::eek::eek:

@Clippy

Back