What is something unexplainable that happened to you but you'll sound crazy if you tell others?

1. Suicide attempt in my younger days, interrupted by roommate pounding on the door because he "had a bad feeling I was in danger" That one's always stuck with me because I have no real explanation for it.

2. Shaken awake by my girlfriend as I'm starting to fall asleep. Asks me if I see that thing in the doorway. I look and there's like.... a black swirling vortex in the fucking doorway of our bedroom. Felt a presence, like whatever it was, it was aware and looking back at me. Told her "just ignore it and go to sleep" Lol to this day I have no idea why I was so calm about it. Confirmed the next morning it wasn't just a weird dream or something.

3. Met a psychic girl, she was going out with a friend of mine. Told me all kinds of stuff about myself that nobody could possibly know. Did something to me that resulted in me having minor psychic abilities for the next few years.Just random flashes of information about people when I looked at them. Confirmed multiple times what I was "seeing" or whatever was actually real and correct information. During this time I ran into what I can only describe as a demonic entity inside the mind of a close friend.

It metaphysically "grabbed" me and took me somewhere that seemed a lot like hell. Was there for what felt like eternity but was apparently a few seconds. When I came back to myself I was screaming, a reeeeallly creepy scream I couldn't replicate if I tried. Afterwards my entire apartment felt like there was something there with us. We left ASAP and I had to be basically carried to the car because I couldn't walk.

4. Dated a girl for several years, about 6 months into it found out she has multiple personalities. Would randomly flip into different people. Was creepy as a motherfucker. Relationship ended with her trying to kill me while she was one of the other people in there.

1. Suicide attempt in my younger days, interrupted by roommate pounding on the door because he "had a bad feeling I was in danger" That one's always stuck with me because I have no real explanation for it.

2. Shaken awake by my girlfriend as I'm starting to fall asleep. Asks me if I see that thing in the doorway. I look and there's like.... a black swirling vortex in the fucking doorway of our bedroom. Felt a presence, like whatever it was, it was aware and looking back at me. Told her "just ignore it and go to sleep" Lol to this day I have no idea why I was so calm about it. Confirmed the next morning it wasn't just a weird dream or something.

3. Met a psychic girl, she was going out with a friend of mine. Told me all kinds of stuff about myself that nobody could possibly know. Did something to me that resulted in me having minor psychic abilities for the next few years.Just random flashes of information about people when I looked at them. Confirmed multiple times what I was "seeing" or whatever was actually real and correct information. During this time I ran into what I can only describe as a demonic entity inside the mind of a close friend.

It metaphysically "grabbed" me and took me somewhere that seemed a lot like hell. Was there for what felt like eternity but was apparently a few seconds. When I came back to myself I was screaming, a reeeeallly creepy scream I couldn't replicate if I tried. Afterwards my entire apartment felt like there was something there with us. We left ASAP and I had to be basically carried to the car because I couldn't walk.

4. Dated a girl for several years, about 6 months into it found out she has multiple personalities. Would randomly flip into different people. Was creepy as a motherfucker. Relationship ended with her trying to kill me while she was one of the other people in there.

Vortex just wanted to borrow some toothpaste, bro.

And watching yooooooOOOOOOooooo bang

There was definitely no banging or paranormal investigating going on that night. The weirdest part of that story to me is how little I gave a shit about such a weird thing. You really can be so tired you just don't give a fuck. Guess I figured eh if it's some malevolent spirit what the fuck am I gonna do about it anyway? Still gotta be up for work in the morning so....

I was in grade school, studying late at night. It's already past 12am and my dad still hasn't gotten home from my uncle's birthday party. Went to sleep, and out of nowhere, I dreamed about my dad getting shot by a gun.

Woke up the next morning, and my dad still hasn't arrived. Went to school and took my exam.
The teacher called my attention, and said my mom was waiting at the lobby.
Saw my mom crying, and told me the news that my dad got shot that night.

Did you have any context in your dream, or was it just the image of the shooting? I know people that "meet" people that just died in dreams, but usually, from what i'm told, it's after the death and they come to say goodbye.

I used to do civil war reenacting. Used to hang out on battlefields between battle days. I'd take a Lantern and walk around like I was a ghost. When people got close I'd put the Lantern out and hide under a blanket roll I had. People freaked out and I had to not laugh x which was hard sometimes.
Also when people would shine lights at me and call out to me I'd ignore them and act like I was unaware.

I was in grade school, studying late at night. It's already past 12am and my dad still hasn't gotten home from my uncle's birthday party. Went to sleep, and out of nowhere, I dreamed about my dad getting shot by a gun.

Woke up the next morning, and my dad still hasn't arrived. Went to school and took my exam.
The teacher called my attention, and said my mom was waiting at the lobby.
Saw my mom crying, and told me the news that my dad got shot that night.

Sorry to hear that. That would make me paranoid anytime I had a bad dream about someone.

I've told this story before, but since I was about 12, I've seen a dark cloaked figure/spirit/evil entity/ throught different points in my life.

Did you have any context in your dream, or was it just the image of the shooting? I know people that "meet" people that just died in dreams, but usually, from what i'm told, it's after the death and they come to say goodbye.
Had a dream like that...friend died in a motorcycle accident.. Kept popping up in my dreams...finally told him he died and he was like what no way

Rarely see him anymore

From ancient roman pagan god to sherdog member with respectable post-like ratio

Yeah you're crazy

Oh thanks I somehow wasn't aware of that. /sarcasm

If anyone had psychic abilities they would be millionaires if not billionaires, for that reason alone I'll never believe that stuff. There is no reason anyone would hide that ability.

If anyone had psychic abilities they would be millionaires if not billionaires, for that reason alone I'll never believe that stuff. There is no reason anyone would hide that ability.

Believe whatever you want broseph. Not like I have anything to lose or gain sharing stories on sherdog. I couldn't care any less what people here think.

One thing I never understand is why people assume someone with abilities like that would be Professor X. This is real life not a cartoon. It's not anywhere NEAR consistent enough to do tricks on command. And in my experience, being like that makes people fucking crazy. It sure made me crazy. I didn't enjoy having that ability or whatever you want to call it. And I was fucking glad when it went away. I hope it never comes back.

Believe whatever you want broseph. Not like I have anything to lose or gain sharing stories on sherdog. I couldn't care any less what people here think.

One thing I never understand is why people assume someone with abilities like that would be Professor X. This is real life not a cartoon. It's not anywhere NEAR consistent enough to do tricks on command. And in my experience, being like that makes people fucking crazy. It sure made me crazy. I didn't enjoy having that ability or whatever you want to call it. And I was fucking glad when it went away. I hope it never comes back.

Was it something like having your third eye open? I've heard about people being able to see auras around people. Don't know if I believe it though

mid to late 90s i'd been a huge ufc fan and mma forum guy for a few years already. they came out with an mma themed action movie. i think it was the first one ever. as i am watching it i recognize my old neighbor in it. we made out twice (once in her hot tub) b4 she friend zoned me. she was a model and out of my league.

when we discussed that movie on the forums, people didnt want to believe i had kissed that girl. "hey forum bros, see that hot chick in the only mma movie? yeah ive been there done that" really sounds like bullshit. she showed her glorious tits in the movie too. always said if was making up the story i'd have humped her. never saw her act in anything else. btw the movie was terrible, and so was her acting.

its still a big coincidence to me that my former crush was in the first mma movie. especially since i invented watching mma. my story doesnt compare much to the others on this thread. but ive enjoyed the thread enough to contribute.
What mma movie?

There was definitely no banging or paranormal investigating going on that night. The weirdest part of that story to me is how little I gave a shit about such a weird thing. You really can be so tired you just don't give a fuck. Guess I figured eh if it's some malevolent spirit what the fuck am I gonna do about it anyway? Still gotta be up for work in the morning so....

What's startling about that is that your girl was there to corroborate. There's been times in the past I've woken up, half asleep still and was sure I saw something freaky in the distance- only to get up move closer and see it was not what it initially looked like at all. But the fact that you both saw the same thing, that's eerie. But lol I know what you mean about being so tired you don't give two shits- just want to stay in bed.

Was it something like having your third eye open? I've heard about people being able to see auras around people. Don't know if I believe it though
Saw blueish auras around people at times. Prolonged eye contact or even just looking at someone I would see them shift into other people or things (rarely). Like I said during one of these times trying to see "into" someone I was transported into Hellraiser Land. It was around then that I stopped wanting to fuck around with it at all.

Also (very rarely) was able to have brief telepathic conversations with people close to me. As soon as you realize you're doing it, it freaks you out and breaks the connection. I learned in my early 20's talking about this stuff makes people label you as a fucking nutcase so I don't talk about this stuff irl ever. I get the skeptic pov, I was HIGHLY skeptical about all of this stuff until it happened to me. I thought my friend was just dating some retarded hippy because she was hot. Then she fucked my life and my mind up, and without asking permission first. I didn't want to be a psychedelic hippy ever.

What's startling about that is that your girl was there to corroborate. There's been times in the past I've woken up, half asleep still and was sure I saw something freaky in the distance- only to get up move closer and see it was not what it initially looked like at all. But the fact that you both saw the same thing, that's eerie. But lol I know what you mean about being so tired you don't give two shits- just want to stay in bed.
The next morning I told her expecting her to tell me I dreamt it, sometimes I have vivid dreams and talk in my sleep. But she was still freaked out about it so I was like :eek:

Saw blueish auras around people at times. Prolonged eye contact or even just looking at someone I would see them shift into other people or things (rarely). Like I said during one of these times trying to see "into" someone I was transported into Hellraiser Land. It was around then that I stopped wanting to fuck around with it at all.

Also (very rarely) was able to have brief telepathic conversations with people close to me. As soon as you realize you're doing it, it freaks you out and breaks the connection. I learned in my early 20's talking about this stuff makes people label you as a fucking nutcase so I don't talk about this stuff irl ever. I get the skeptic pov, I was HIGHLY skeptical about all of this stuff until it happened to me. I thought my friend was just dating some retarded hippy because she was hot. Then she fucked my life and my mind up, and without asking permission first. I didn't want to be a psychedelic hippy ever.

I once thought that a dark entity had control over me. I was into lucid dreaming and astral projection but my mind wasn't in the right place (unemployed, broke up with gf,etc) when I was doing that stuff. I started seeing scaring stuff and hearing loud noises. Eventually it effected me and my anxiety got worse and as a result I was sleeping poorly. Noises throughout the day got really loud, people sounded louder, I would jump at everything . I don't know you personally but you sure it wasn't just anxiety? I never knew how much nerves could mess you up until I had that

Back