What is Sanshin Ryu Jujitsu?

virtuoso

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Was out trick or treating with my wife and kids on what our town calls "The Treat Trail" (go to businesses instead of door to door, cause it's safer) and some guy was handing out fliers to a new school in our area. The guy isn't coming out and saying it's BJJ, but their website is extremely vague and they keep using the word jujitsu (I know, it's not spelled like the JJ in BJJ). Every picture is of them on the ground grappling. It never mentions what they teach in the class and only talks about martial arts being beneficial. They somehow forgot to mention which martial art. The only reference I could find to a possible grappling martial art was in a big paragraph about one of the instructors, in one spot it says he has a BB in Sanshin Ryu Jujitsu. At least, I'm guessing it's a grappling martil art. That's the only info I could find. So, what is Sanshin Ryu Jujitsu?

I was just wondering cause I go to an awesome school under a legit Renzo BB and it just annoys me to see these people advertising "jujitsu" as basically BJJ and deceiving people into going to their school. We already have two other garbage schools in the area (one is supposedly teaching Combat Jiu-Jitsu and the other is run by a 10th Planet blue belt who's only achievement in competition is winning third place). It's just sad.

Simple answer: dojo storm

Was out trick or treating with my wife and kids on what our town calls "The Treat Trail" (go to businesses instead of door to door, cause it's safer) and some guy was handing out fliers to a new school in our area. The guy isn't coming out and saying it's BJJ, but their website is extremely vague and they keep using the word jujitsu (I know, it's not spelled like the JJ in BJJ). Every picture is of them on the ground grappling. It never mentions what they teach in the class and only talks about martial arts being beneficial. They somehow forgot to mention which martial art. The only reference I could find to a possible grappling martial art was in a big paragraph about one of the instructors, in one spot it says he has a BB in Sanshin Ryu Jujitsu. At least, I'm guessing it's a grappling martil art. That's the only info I could find. So, what is Sanshin Ryu Jujitsu?

I was just wondering cause I go to an awesome school under a legit Renzo BB and it just annoys me to see these people advertising "jujitsu" as basically BJJ and deceiving people into going to their school. We already have two other garbage schools in the area (one is supposedly teaching Combat Jiu-Jitsu and the other is run by a 10th Planet blue belt who's only achievement in competition is winning third place). It's just sad.

I just looked at your sig and notice that you train under Tim! I started there about 4 years ago! I love Tim! Not really much help for your thread, but just thought I'd comment haha

Did you wiki sanshin ryu jujitsu?

EDIT: What is Sanshin ryu jujitsu? | ChaCha hahahaha

google is your friend

anyways, from what I understand its like bjj meets tai chi...

I just looked at your sig and notice that you train under Tim! I started there about 4 years ago! I love Tim! Not really much help for your thread, but just thought I'd comment haha

Did you wiki sanshin ryu jujitsu?

EDIT: What is Sanshin ryu jujitsu? | ChaCha hahahaha

Awesome! Yeah, I started under Tim and have been there a year and a half. Really a great group of guys! And I did Google it. Not much on it at all. It's all really vague.

This. Pay for my flights and I'll do it.

Ha ha ha, I was thinking about stopping by for the trial class. Be completely respectful, as I tap them. lol

anyways, from what I understand its like bjj meets tai chi...

Sounds like they looked. They had some weird gi/dress things on.

a guy that trains at my gym did it for a few years. he said it was like watered down TMA's where its more of going through the motions, not actually applying them, if it makes sense? like in karate they have their "forms" and its just rehearsed movements. I remember when he first started BJJ with us... he would have been better off NEVER trying that garbage.

Well, nobody is deceiving anybody about it being BJJ if they don't even once call it BJJ...

Well, nobody is deceiving anybody about it being BJJ if they don't even once call it BJJ...

They don't ever once call it anything. They show tons of pictures with them grappling and use the word "jujitsu", which would deceive those who don't know anything about BJJ. Talked to my BB earlier today and he confirmed that they are teaching their own form of BJJ.

They don't ever once call it anything. They show tons of pictures with them grappling and use the word "jujitsu", which would deceive those who don't know anything about BJJ. Talked to my BB earlier today and he confirmed that they are teaching their own form of BJJ.

But they aren't claiming to be teaching BJJ at all. There's a million forms of jujitsu, and you can't possibly jump to the conclusion that they are all pretending to be BJJ.

But they aren't claiming to be teaching BJJ at all. There's a million forms of jujitsu, and you can't possibly jump to the conclusion that they are all pretending to be BJJ.

Well, I was there when they were handing out fliers and talking to people and that's what it came across as to me. I started the thread, because all I could really find on their website was sanshin ryu jujitsu and was wondering what it was. Anyway, it doesn't matter, as several people have now told me about it. Thanks!

Back