What is next for RIZIN FF 5 winners and losers?

SakuWandyCop

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
WINNERS:

Tatsuya Kawajiri: My suggestion is to save him for the Lightweight Grand Prix.

Amir Aliakbari: Called out judoka Satoshi Ishii. This is the fight to make in July 30th in Saitama.

Kyoji Horiguchi: He is a big fish in a small pond so i guess he could fight today Rizin card winner Seiichiro Ito or Tatsumitsu Wada.

Rena Kubota: Maybe fight JMMA veteran Saori Ishioka in July or October , an another big test for the Rizin's superstar.

Yusuke Yachi: This is arguably the biggest win in his career when he put Daron to sleep. One match up in mind is JMMA veteran Kazuyuki Miyata.

Tenshin Nasukawa: Kizaemon Saiga would be a great stepping stone for the 18 year old

King Reina: She may be the 1st legitimate opponent for BJJ black belt Gabi Garcia.

Kanna Asakura: Rematch Alyssa Garcia because she just beat multiple time IMMAF amaetur tournament champion and losing to an 1-2 fighter doesn't make you look good.

LOSERS:

Anthony Birchak: Not a good way to make a debut in Rizin when he just got crushed by the Crusher. He could fight former DREAM Featherweight Champion Hiroyuki Takaya in July.

Geromino dos Santos: fight Heath Herring or keep crushing dudes in Brazil or Russia.

Yuki Motoya: Been calling out Wada for a months ,so why not?

Alpha Female: Even if she loss today, there is still a chance to fight Gabi Garcia. There is no good competitor to beat Gabi.

Daron Cruickshank: He is now 2-2 in Rizin so he need a winnable fight like Minoru Kimura. If he can beat a K-1 fighter like Andy Souwer, then he can beat Minoru as well.

Bestare Kicaj vs Aleksandra Toncheva: Both of them are still green in MMA.

Doras Perjes: She can compete for next Bellator's Hungary card i suppose.

That is my opinion.

I just saw the fights, and I have to say it: I'm impressed by King Reina, besides of her opponent, the girl has wrestling and submissions skills, abd she is only 20

I am press, just got home, Yachi wants Kron, and King Reina seems up for challenge maybe even for Gabi (though really she should prob get one more in first before that....I reported rolling with King Reina last month without naming whom it was)

it actually really upsets me that there are people calling it Rizin 5.

They haven't announced any LW GP, how do you expect Kawajiri to participate in it?

Aliakbari said he'd like to fight Brock, but that's obviously not happening.

There's many foreign fighters Horiguchi can fight. No need to have continuously fighting locals. I'm sure RIZIN will eventually find him an opponent.

Same for RENA, Yachi and Tenshin.

Reina will most likely fight someone else before she fights Gabi. I'm guessing they'll find her a foreigner or a retired pro-wrestler to fight and save the Gabi fight for NYE.

For the losers it doesn't really matter much, a lot or them put on fighting efforts and impressed, so they'll hopefully get another couple of fights in the RIZIN ring.

I am press, just got home, Yachi wants Kron, and King Reina seems up for challenge maybe even for Gabi (though really she should prob get one more in first before that....I reported rolling with King Reina last month without naming whom it was)
Did Sakakibara give you a press pass?

I think Satoshi Ishii is a suitable next opponent for amir, elite judo vs elite greco roman would be intriguing. But if im being honest, I think Amir would demolish a higher profiled matt mitrione type of guy with ease. He took no damage this fight, he should consider getting another fight asap before july, maybe bellator can pick him up. Let this guy build a standup base and hell smoke guys left right and centre, theres no heavyweight out there with his credentials and pedigree.

Gabert will prob be back, her performance was okay for someone with 7 months of MMA training with no combat sports background, plus she's big and the crowd liked the fight.

I highly doubt we'll see the other European women again, Perjes maybe; Kicaj is, "pro" record notwithstanding, an amateur fighter (works full time as a nurse and trains between workshifts), Toncheva was okay but needs to start learning how to wrestle, Perjes has potential but unfortunately also cant afford to train full time (works as a graphic designer or sth.).

Reina I think is too smart to take the Garcia fight, she was pretty reluctant when asked by the press. The best fight I can see for her at the moment is probably Rin Nakai, if she lays off the junkfood.

The other women who won (incl. RENA) are headed for the GP.

I think Satoshi Ishii is a suitable next opponent for amir, elite judo vs elite greco roman would be intriguing. But if im being honest, I think Amir would demolish a higher profiled matt mitrione type of guy with ease. He took no damage this fight, he should consider getting another fight asap before july, maybe bellator can pick him up. Let this guy build a standup base and hell smoke guys left right and centre, theres no heavyweight out there with his credentials and pedigree.
That would be utterly uninteresting and boring.

Even in his win over Herring, he put on such a boring performance the Japanese fans were booing which is uncharacterestic of them.

Reina I think is too smart to take the Garcia fight, she was pretty reluctant when asked by the press. The best fight I can see for her at the moment is probably Rin Nakai, if she lays off the junkfood.
Pretty sure this isn't happening.

Reina fights 3 weight classes above Nakai's current weight class and 2 above her previous weight class.

Aliakbari vs. Ishii would interest me as it'd seem like a real PRIDE flashback - pure judo versus pure Olympic calibre wrestling.

That would be utterly uninteresting and boring.

Even in his win over Herring, he put on such a boring performance the Japanese fans were booing which is uncharacterestic of them.
I agree, the only reason I say it would be intriguing is to see who gets the better of who in the grappling. But its clear there's more interesting fights out there, if mitrione wasnt getting a shot at fedor i would have said bring him in. Maybe a cheick kongo/bobby lashley or even minakov would be wiser.

Man, Amir is a legit beast.........i could definitely see him being top 5 in the ufc, maybe even more......but he still has to work and improve his striking and conditioning......

Ishii on the other hand, definitely showed some progress(Cro Cop responsible)..........but......although he has some good virtues, he will always be limited and i dont think he is made for top, but i hope i am wrong......

Pretty sure this isn't happening.

Reina fights 3 weight classes above Nakai's current weight class and 2 above her previous weight class.

She'll have to make some concessions, there's currently more fighters at women's (L)HW than at her own weight class. It's either dieting (she could easily drop 15lbs without having to cut) or fight the big girls. Worst case, they could fight at a catchweight. The fight would draw for sure.

RENA, Kanna, and Ishioka should all be invited for the women's GP. Perjes impressed, maybe bring her back for it
King Reina really wants to fight in the US, send her for a one off in KOTC or Bellator over the summer then bring her back for the fall.
Heath vs TK would be cool
Aliakbari vs Baruto would be interesting stylistically
Yachi called out Kron and Birchak called out Mizugaki
Seiichiro Ito vs Erson or Wada
Tenshin vs Kizaemon would be wild
Horiguchi vs a BW maybe if they can't pull a top Flyweight from somewhere, maybe a Russian
Motoya vs Wada III would be fantastic
Kawajiri should fight another big promotion vet, maybe pull Joe Warren or a FW from Bellator

Really hope the men's GP will be Flyweight or Bantamweight limits and half of those guys could be thrown into it

King Reina really wants to fight in the US, send her for a one off in KOTC or Bellator over the summer then bring her back for the fall.

Yeah, her post fight banter with Takada was pretty funny. She threatened that if RIZIN didnt get her a fight asap she would go overseas. At the post fight press interview she did say that RIZIN is her current priority though.

Yeah, her post fight banter with Takada was pretty funny. She threatened that if RIZIN didnt get her a fight asap she would go overseas. At the post fight press interview she did say that RIZIN is her current priority though.
She mentioned her intention to do so in pre-fight press stuff as well

Aliakbari vs Singh Jaideep, then Lesnar on NYE
Horiguchi vs Joe Warren

Back