What is Mike Perry's ceiling?

What is his ceiling?

• Total voters
Ever seen the movie limitless? Mike Perry is Bradley cooper on that drug son

Higher than Thiago Alves, lower than Robbie Lawler.

i don't see perry as a prospect. i see him as an exciting fighter who talks a ton of smack and backs it up by going right after his opponents. he has undeniable power and good TDD from the fights we've seen him in so far. outside of his fight against reyes who was a short-notice fight, he's had some decent opponents in the UFC.

i just honestly don't see him beating anyone ranked #1 - 14 in todays UFC WW rankings. is it possible, with his power, yes, but i think he's starting to get into competition with opponents that know how to utilize all their skills and stick to a game plan.

i honestly think thiago alves was going to pick him a part. we didn't get to see that. let him fight the stun gun or neil magney next. if he can get past one of them, then his ceiling raises a little.

perry is on a fight-by-fight basis as far as his ceiling is concerned.

Poll needed more options ... like very very very high :p

EqTWSco.jpg

Since they fought in 2016 Mike Perry is 2-0 (2x POTN) and Alan Jouban is 0-2 (Sub & TKO)

gsFnTR8.gif
So what does that say about Mike Perry that he got out classed by a guy that just got stopped twice ?

Higher than Kevin Lees ceiling.

Your poll sucks.
List the top 10 division fighters.

He clearly has a talent for violence that's rare even for a fighter

If he really puts in the work, I believe he has what it takes to one day beat with Alan Jouban.

So what does that say about Mike Perry that he got out classed by a guy that just got stopped twice ?
That Mike has improved since that fight while Alan has declined

Back