What is it about gummy smiles that makes them so repulsive?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know like when you talking to somebody and they flash a smile like Mr. Ed.

Shit disturbs me

bc7a1bfe57bac7adbd0231529e778d65--laughing-animals-smiling-animals.jpg

It's just ugly. You're not suppose to show your gum when smiling. It's not normal. So whatever is not normal will be perceived as ugly or disturbing. Is normal.

crazy how much shit is required for your face to look attractive.

Depends on the level of gummage, bro. A little is cute in a quirky way. But a lot of gum? How are your lips so much bigger than your mouth?

I know this absolute ROCKET at my work and when she first smiled at me I might have literally leapt backwards and said "YICK" <{1-17}> while making this face

It was super rude of me but I just WAS NOT EXPECTING the amount of gums she had in her mouth, the ratio is probably like 50/50 between teeth and gums

I don't like seeing peoples gingivitis when they smile

My guess is probably because it shares characteristics with actual health problems e.g. enlarged gums, mouth breathing in childhood, abnormal jaw, and possibly because it denotes poorer genes or facial bone structures associated with inbred genetics. In matters of what people find attractive, it always comes down to 1) health 2) quality of genetics and 3) fertility (age + hip to waist ratio for women).

I don't like Julia Roberts and never did

But i can think a lot of hot af celebrities with that type of smile

Depends on the color of the gums; are they blue?

Back