What is Gustaffson´s best win?

I really enjoyed the Glover fight, I watched it live with my dad, at the end when he proposed to his gf I just thought it was awesome and shed a tear, my dad called me a fahg.

Either Manuwa or a shot Glover

As good as his fights against Jones/DC were, whenever he faces someone at his level or greater he doesn't find a way to win

I like Gustaffson and root for him but I've never been impressed by him and I have always thought he is a bit overrated and he surfs in praise because of his close fight with Jones (he did surprise me in that one), but he is a top 5 LHW in a division that has been the weakest it's ever been in the past 5 years and the biggest accomplishment of his career is losing a close decision to Jones.

BossyAnyCuckoo.gif

Its weird how often people forget he beat the crap out of prime DC as well, not just prime Jones. If you were still doubting him after the Jones fight, his fight with DC should have finally made you see he really is just that good.

BossyAnyCuckoo.gif

Its weird how often people forget he beat the crap out of prime DC as well, not just prime Jones. If you were still doubting him after the Jones fight, his fight with DC should have finally made you see he really is just that good.

Yup. That good. But not good enough, and certainly not great.

People shitting on him don't realize he is Cornier's 2nd best win of his career and Rumble's best win EVER. lol.

Glover; his win over Shogun is good too, it was when Shogun was not so shot.

Shogun followed by Glover. Manuwa is a solid win too but he is a bit chinny and unproven.

Who cares? Gus is irrelevant.
This thread is for Gus and Shogun fans to fantasize over.

manuwa.

glover was past his best, and I think he lost to shogun TBH

great resume (jones, phil davis,dc, rumble johnson, shogun) but ended up on the losing end of most of those conflicts.

1-0 vs old ladies though

Rumble's best win EVER. lol.

I'd never thought of it like that but it's absolutely true. And I'm sure the people who say Rumble is amazing would at the same time say Gus is overrated. It's hard to evaluate Gus because while he lost to Rumble, he gave Cormier a way harder fight, and one of the judges actually gave it to Gus. Meanwhile Rumble folded like a card table in BOTH fights against Cormier.

Anyway, Gus's best win ever was against Glover for sure. Won every round and finished him in the 5th.

manuwa.

glover was past his best, and I think he lost to shogun TBH

great resume (jones, phil davis,dc, rumble johnson, shogun) but ended up on the losing end of most of those conflicts.

1-0 vs old ladies though
is there a story?

An old, decrepit Glover or an old, decrepit Shogun.

Impressive, imo.

It's funny, when jones beat the same guys, they were dominating performances. Gustafsson beats them (more impressively in the case of glover) and they're old/decrepit.

<Durant35>

1. Jones
2. DC

- Glover (IMO)

- Shogun

- Thiago Silva

- Manuwa
Manuwa.

Not that Hamill was a world beater but although i loved Gus, i was real salty that he beat Hamill.

I thought he lost to DC but beat Jones....although i've never rewatched it so who knows, I do know that drunken me can be swayed by Rogan's "Whoooooooaaaaaaaa!"s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back