What is going on in Burma?

You are very incorrect in stating that Burma isn't very strategicly important. It has the potential to devastate Singapores economy and become a world leader as a deep water shipping port. The amount of speculative investing that has been happening seems to be not well known internationally yet but it will if the ports approved.
Singapore isn't exactly the kind of country to do something about this as far as I know. When I say strategically relevant, I should clarify that means for the countries that matter and can do something like the US. If there was some strategic interest there that could compel the US to intervene you'd hear more about this story.
I've noticed a trend with a lot of your posts over the last 6-12 months I've been bored enough to waste time on sherdog. You like to put words into others mouths by insinuation and attack in a similar manner to shut down opposition or an conflicting alternative viewpoint. Show me where I said that? If I have something to say I will, I'd appreciate if you don't try and put words in my mouth or tell me how/what to think. I thanked him for posting a link which gave balance to the thread and was done contrary to the vocal left which has dominated this thread since old mate got banned.
I try to shut down opposition? How would I do that, I'm not even a mod? If you can't defend your posts that's on you. His post was complete garbage, a very poor attempt to justify ethnic cleansing. And the guy who got banned got banned for good reason, he was blatantly justifying ethnic cleansing of Muslims.

@TheGreatA isn't a leftist but he's also not a retard or apologist for ethnic cleansing. Notice he's pushing back by questioning the label of genocide and ethnic cleansing which is a fair discussion to have. That's very different from saying there is a genocide/ethnic cleansing going on and its okay because the targets are Muslim or that accusations of rape justify mob violence and collective punishment.
When a minority riots in a western country posters such as yourself like to say shit like "I don't condone the violence but...."
The difference is the posters I'm shitting on are condoning the violence.
I'm reading this thread to make up my own mind not to parrot any idiots thoughts. I'll do so by listening to both sides and make as informed choice as I can.
Not all sides are equal. The ones that justify ethnic cleansing are scum. If you want to question whether or not its ethnic cleansing then that's a different story.

Singapore isn't exactly the kind of country to do something about this as far as I know. When I say strategically relevant, I should clarify that means for the countries that matter and can do something like the US. If there was some strategic interest there that could compel the US to intervene you'd hear more about this story.

I try to shut down opposition? How would I do that, I'm not even a mod? If you can't defend your posts that's on you. His post was complete garbage, a very poor attempt to justify ethnic cleansing. And the guy who got banned got banned for good reason, he was blatantly justifying ethnic cleansing of Muslims.

@TheGreatA isn't a leftist but he's also not a retard or apologist for ethnic cleansing. Notice he's pushing back by questioning the label of genocide and ethnic cleansing which is a fair discussion to have. That's very different from saying there is a genocide/ethnic cleansing going on and its okay because the targets are Muslim or that accusations of rape justify mob violence and collective punishment.

The difference is the posters I'm shitting on are condoning the violence.

Not all sides are equal. The ones that justify ethnic cleansing are scum. If you want to question whether or not its ethnic cleansing then that's a different story.

A rational response, thank you. I'd do a little research into how much US (world trade) goes through Singapore before saying it won't effect you.

The poster deserved what he got and the mods were more than fair, 4 warnings for all is probably more flexibility then I would have shown TBH as its not hard to be a little respectful.

My problem with your post was you're trying to restrict the information given to this thread(my interpretation anyway). I don't like being told what/how to think and like to see threads with balance so I can make as informed choice on my opinion.

Otherwise nice response and if I interpreted you view wrong I apologise(reading your response it appears I have) .

A rational response, thank you. I'd do a little research into how much US (world trade) goes through Singapore before saying it won't effect you.
But we're talking about Myanmar. Anyway, I know in the modern globalized and interconnected world many, many countries have their place but to me when I see silence on a conflict like this I assume the major powers don't have enough of a stake to care or else they'd be agitating about it through the usual channels(national media, UN etc).
The poster deserved what he got and the mods were more than fair, 4 warnings for all is probably more flexibility then I would have shown TBH as its not hard to be a little respectful.

My problem with your post was you're trying to restrict the information given to this thread(my interpretation anyway). I don't like being told what/how to think and like to see threads with balance so I can make as informed choice on my opinion.

Otherwise nice response and if I interpreted you view wrong I apologise(reading your response it appears I have) .
I'm not trying to restrict anything. People can post what they want and I can call them out on it. My issue was your saying that he brought balance when I don't think he did, he brought a poor argument in favor of ethnic cleansing, mob violence, and collective punishment.

I know the politics of genocide is messy business because of the implications that terms carries in international law so some skepticism about the genocide claims isn't crazy. So I'm not against discussion here, I'm against the fringe who think its okay to ethnically cleanse people because they're Muslim.

There is no reason to create a 'balanced' narrative for the sake of creating a 'balanced' narrative. The MSM reports are critical of the Buddhist because they are the ones committing the bulk of and the most serious crimes. The MSM also reported heavily ISIS and their atrocities ; would you say that is biased reporting against ISIS and we need ISIS's perspective?

I'll take that as a no.

MSM has publicized ISIS' message and has even interviewed some of its members. Poor analogy.

I'll take that as a no.

MSM has publicized ISIS' message and has even interviewed some of its members. Poor analogy.
Well known Western media has also reported on and interviewed the Burmese side, from infamous monk Ashin Wirathu to Aung San Suu Kyi

I cant argue with that specialy the former Soviet republics.

Albania is another Muslim Majority country that is very moderate heck they even named their Airport mother Theresa.

But why is it Arab countries and Indonesia can't be like that.

Indonesia has its problems but overall isn't in a bad state. Aceh is a fucking nightmare and Indonesians get a blatant with their support for Islam in a supposedly secular state. But they are miles away from being like the Arabs.

Now the Arabs, this I think is where people confuse Islam with Arabic cultural norms. Pre Islamic Arabs had already for example covered up their women, waged war, and generally been horrific people. Islam was a great channel for their culture. The basis of Muslim culture is arab culture. It's why for example kyrgyzstan would need a complete shift in cultural thinking in order to become truly Islamic. Their national drink kumiz (fermented horse milk) has alcohol in it, which is haram af, their funeral proceedings involve singing and other performances which is also haram. And their women wore a headscarf but it wasn't as restrictive and didn't serve the same purpose.

What I'm saying is its hard for Islam to truly become rooted in a society who's culture is incompatible with Islam. Since Islam is formed from Arabian culture, it meets no opposition.

Of course there are several other factors like a cultures interactions with non Muslims, the advance of modern political thinking like secularism, the legal state of the religion itself throughout the country's history.

That's true.

Uhh no thanks, I'm not moving out new york. You wanna go ahead back to Europe if you're in Canada, US, or australia you go ahead.

My point with that post was to show ridiculous white people sound when they say this is their land and others don't have a right to invade.

My point with that post was to show ridiculous white people sound when they say this is their land and others don't have a right to invade.
I'm all for invasions and conquering. I just strongly dislike Islam. It's borderline hatred really. In my opinion it's worse than both nazism and communism put together.

Last edited:
It ended up with ethnic cleansing and genocide of the Hindu and Christian population of Pakistan, such that their numbers in Pakistan now are a tiny insignificant %. During partion Muslims also fled India to Pakistan but it is Pakistan that has succeeded in killing and driving out the Hindus and Christians while India has nearly as many Muslisms as Pakistan. So I don't know how one can say it has been for the best. Best for Muslims maybee. Christians and Hindus in Pakistan are still being genocided and hounded. Only like a day or 2 ago Muslim kids beat to death a Christian boy in a Pakistani school.

Like the video said muslims are weak when in low numbers, but things change when they grow big.

Wut? Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, and Turkey (until recently) were muslim countries with secular constitutions and were even tough on Islam.
The "Stan" countries are all secular because they've were ruled by communists for almost 100 years and they've continued the tradition in the sense that they're authoritarian and secular.

The societies aren't secular because they're Muslim, they're secular in spite of being Muslim.

Shinkan is correct for the most part. I'm sure we can lump in Bosnia and Albanian as secular Muslim societies but I heard that they're actually some of the least religious people on earth.

It ended up with ethnic cleansing and genocide of the Hindu and Christian population of Pakistan, such that their numbers in Pakistan now are a tiny insignificant %. During partion Muslims also fled India to Pakistan but it is Pakistan that has succeeded in killing and driving out the Hindus and Christians while India has nearly as many Muslisms as Pakistan. So I don't know how one can say it has been for the best. Best for Muslims maybee. Christians and Hindus in Pakistan are still being genocided and hounded. Only like a day or 2 ago Muslim kids beat to death a Christian boy in a Pakistani school.
Maybe it's time the christians and the hindus to learn something from the muslim brothers :)

Last edited:
The "Stan" countries are all secular because they've were ruled by communists for almost 100 years and they've continued the tradition in the sense that they're authoritarian and secular.

The societies aren't secular because they're Muslim, they're secular in spite of being Muslim.

Shinkan is correct for the most part. I'm sure we can lump in Bosnia and Albanian as secular Muslim societies but I heard that they're actually some of the least religious people on earth.

That doesnt matter. He claimed Muslims are incompatible with the west and through extension, secularism. here's 7 countries that are overwhelmingly muslim in percentage who do just fine. Which shows Muslims can and have created secular states.

I'm all for invasions and conquering. I just strongly dislike Islam. It's borderline hatred really. In my opinion it's worse than both nazism and communism put together.

So its ok when christians genocide people but not ok when Muslims do it?

I dislike Islam too, but I am not so stupid that I hate Muslims too. Muslims are merely patients who have contracted the disease of Islam. Not all of them show the same symptoms and when they do they manifest in different degrees.

I know lots of Muslims and they truly believe that Islam is against slavery, that it teaches universal love and see it as a basis for human rights, etc.

Some know the truth about Islam and it complements their evil natures. Others know the truth and leave Islam.

I dislike Islam too, but I am not so stupid that I hate Muslims too. Muslims are merely patients who have contracted the disease of Islam. Not all of them show the same symptoms and when they do they manifest in different degrees.

I know lots of Muslims and they truly believe that Islam is against slavery, that it teaches universal love and see it as a basis for human rights, etc.

Some know the truth about Islam and it complements their evil natures. Others know the truth and leave Islam.

I dislike Christianity too, but I am not so stupid that I hate Christians too. Christians are merely patients who have contracted the disease of Christianity. Not all of them show the same symptoms and when they do they manifest in different degrees.

I know lots of Christians and they truly believe that Christianity is against slavery, that it teaches universal love and see it as a basis for human rights, etc.

Some know the truth about Christianity and it complements their evil natures. Others know the truth and leave Christianity.

Back