What is Brandon Quick's reputation in 2014?

He beat my Judo coach a few years back at an AGF but he had a huge weight advantage I believe. I competed at AGF a month back and had a good experience but a friend of mine got burned pretty bad a few months back since they scheduled both of the divisions he was competing in at the same time.

There's an AGF tourney here in a few days but Lovatos is so expensive I couldn't afford both.

I had an instructor who shared a story when he was a purple and BQ was a "brown"

my instructor said he tapped him out with an americana and that Brandon literally said "you don't deserve the belt you are wearing"

Granted I'm sure BQ was outweighed by 40 lbs, at most, but who the fuck says that.

I had an instructor who shared a story when he was a purple and BQ was a "brown"

my instructor said he tapped him out with an americana and that Brandon literally said "you don't deserve the belt you are wearing"

Granted I'm sure BQ was outweighed by 40 lbs, at most, but who the fuck says that.

Wait, I'm confused. Did your instructor tap out Quick or did BQ make your instructor tap?

I know a lot of guys in the Dallas area that think he's a joke. It's pretty sad that people continue to give that kid money.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Ari vs BQ for biggest joke/scammer. Maybe metamoris can set it up

I know a lot of guys in the Dallas area that think he's a joke. It's pretty sad that people continue to give that kid money.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Ari vs BQ for biggest joke/scammer. Maybe metamoris can set it up

I would watch it only if people is allowed to throw rotten food at them.

BQ would seriously decimate ari. Brandon has SOME skill and is athletic.

<----Lives in Dallas, has rolled with him...still don't care for him or some of his students. He "talks" a better game of being more humble, learned from mistakes, etc but still is a hot head and I don't trust anything he says/promises.

Levi would do well under most people. Kid is talented and works hard.

I saw a closeout/exhibition match levi and his brother did last year that was pretty fun to watch. I've heard my coaches mention BQ before but I've never been able to get a read on what they think of him.

His techbique seems solid, i dont.know what he did back then though,

His techbique seems solid, i dont.know what he did back then though,

He fraudly claimed a brown belt back in the days, from a non-existent instructor guy from the army. As far as I remember he even falsely professed that he served in Iraq with the Us army, which made a lot of people even madder at time.

An all around fraud as you can see

He fraudly claimed a brown belt back in the days, from a non-existent instructor guy from the army. As far as I remember he even falsely professed that he served in Iraq with the Us army, which made a lot of people even madder at time.

An all around fraud as you can see

damn, thats fucked up...

still, his technique looks very solid.

I can't fathom lying about a belt. It's got to suck to get tapped by lower belts, all while claiming you're something impressive.

Isn't that a compliment your instructor received then? Is BQ saying, you(instructor) managed to tap me, you shouldn't be wearing a purple, but a "brown", just like me(BQ)?

I feel like he could have said that way differently than he did. Saying you do not deserve your belt is a very disrespectful thing if you ask me. Hard to confuse the two, and my instructor felt like he was disrespected.

I feel like he could have said that way differently than he did. Saying you do not deserve your belt is a very disrespectful thing if you ask me. Hard to confuse the two, and my instructor felt like he was disrespected.

hell yeah.

BQ basically called him a sandbagger.

I trained with him for a few sessions, before I heard all the drama. I thought that he did a good job as a teacher- maybe I would be more critical now... He was all about drilling and breaking moves down.

Back