what is best running shoes?

If you havent tried shoes with the adidas boost sole, definitely check them out. The comfort and bounceback is unlike anything else.
Ultra Boosts are my current favorite. I put 427 miles on my first pair and am on 155 miles on my second. I'll be running a marathon in them on Sunday. My only gripes with them are price (got deals on mine though), outsole does not last, and they become sponges in any sort of water.

How many runners on here got their gait analysed before picking shoes? I started running relatively recently and my shoes are on the way out, but getting gait analysis done feels like a bit of hassle so I wondered how worthwhile it is?
I went to a running store to get my shoes I planned to run the marathon in last year where they do the whole watch you run/walk, measure your feet, etc. I ended up hating the shoes (New Balance 880v7) after putting about 100 miles on them. I believe these type of stores are a your mileage may vary type of situation. They good a good job at assessing what type of shoe you need when it comes to pronation and things like that. But again, ymmv.

I love puma shoes. They feel great when I am running.

I love Adidas. There cushioning feels great, and they break in easily. I hate Nike. They scrape my achilles for some reason. I want to try Puma one day.

What shoe has the best noticeable cushioning?
For neutral feet, the premium cushioning shoe model for Asics is Nimbus, Brooks - Glycerin, Adidas - Vomero. One step down from the Nimbus is the Cumulus, Glycerin - Ghost, Vomero - Pegasus (? Not sure). All these shoes are trainers which are on the heavy side but provide good cushioning for workouts.

I think adidas cloud foam does. But Adidas has more than one type of cushioning.
Boost> Bounce> Cloud in the Adidas hierarchy.

Lately I'm interested in minimalist running shoes. Now using very light and thin puma speed 300. I don't feel pain in my feet after running few miles. Those bulky asics were killing my legs.

Are trainers better than runners? I tried runners and the toe area is like turned up so much like perky nipples and my toes don't really push off the ground like trainers. I feel like the toes are squished down into the pointy toe section when I walk and it's screwing up my toes.

Thinking about ditching this new Asics and buying the old reliable Sketchers.

Lately I'm interested in minimalist running shoes. Now using very light and thin puma speed 300. I don't feel pain in my feet after running few miles. Those bulky asics were killing my legs.
I saw these Sketchers slip ons with no shoe laces and was tempted to buy them. The soles had many crevices and flexed good. Super light too.

Back