what is best running shoes?

If you havent tried shoes with the adidas boost sole, definitely check them out. The comfort and bounceback is unlike anything else.

Sounds interesting. I will buy under armour in next few days. My feet hurts with my adidas marathon.

GreenBlack%20GD62R39%20Adidas%20Marathon%2010%20Tr%20Shoes%20Running%20Shoes.jpg

Good! let me know what you think! Focus on landing mid foot, you'll be fine.

I got a pair of Under Armours and they're great.

8 months and they still hold up. Light, comfortable, really good brand.
I have a pair of UA shoes I use for tennis. They have held up great and are still comfortable and they are almost 2 years old.

There's no answer to this question, everybody's foot shape and stride is different and some styles that are great for one guy may not be for the next.

I didn't even know Puma made running shoes.

If you went to the Boston Marathon and just tallied up which brand everybody was wearing, I'd say the top 4 would be Asics, New Balance, Nike and Saucony, not necessarily in that order.

what he said ^

How long is a piece of string ?

I've always liked Saucony for the road and Brooks for trails. Got a pair of Solomon trail shoes'now that I'm not overly impressed with , super hard insole and pronounced arch is giving me some plantar issues. Will be retiring them to grass cutting duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
The argument is that the more cushion there is, the worse people's running form gets. So if you're running barefoot you won't land heel first, because it will hurt, but if you put on some cushy shoes it doesn't hurt anymore so people land on their heels all day, which leads to joint problems.

Not only that, but cushy shoes allow your foot tendons, bones, and muscles to get weak because they don't have to work as hard to stabilize you.

The most compelling evidence I've seen is some stats that showed that running injuries have increased as shoes became more cushy.

Anywho, the evidence is debatable for sure, so make up your own mind. I personally ran barefoot for a while until I became a forefoot runner, then I started wearing vibrams, and I haven't had any shin splints or knee problems since, so I'm a believer, but I respect anyone who doesn't believe in it.

There is for sure some merit to the barefoot thing. We didn't evolve with access to shoes, then again we didn't run on concrete either. Trail or grass running with minimal protection is probably ideal .

Rogan is an idiot when it comes to this. No serious runner uses those glove shoes. And anyone that tries to run in them is most likely going to hurt themselves. The whole argument that "running shoes are not natural" or "we weren't meant to run with a cushioned wedge" is retarded. We also weren't meant to run on paved roads and tracks but that's where most running is done.

I train in Saucony or ASICS. I race in Nike flats. For casual wear my new Nike all Grey rosche style shoes are like walking on clouds.

Rogan is an idiot when it comes to this. No serious runner uses those glove shoes. And anyone that tries to run in them is most likely going to hurt themselves. The whole argument that "running shoes are not natural" or "we weren't meant to run with a cushioned wedge" is retarded. We also weren't meant to run on paved roads and tracks but that's where most running is done.

I agree. He sounds extremely underinformed anytime he starts talking about his trail running adventures and the shoes he wears.

There are some people that can wear minimalist shoes - especially on trails - but I'd bet anything on the whole, more people have gotten injured trying to force themselves to run in those kinds of shoes than have gotten injured just wearing normal running shoes over the past 10 years.

There's two things they talk about and I think both are basically bullshit: 1) typical running shoes aren't "natural" and will create foot and leg injuries because they allow you to run in an unnatural way, and 2) you can "train" or "strengthen" your foot to get used to the minimalist shoes and the stride that comes along with it. If your foot and/or stride isn't suited for minimalist footwear, you're going to get injured long before you strengthen or train your foot to run with them.

I train in Saucony or ASICS. I race in Nike flats. For casual wear my new Nike all Grey rosche style shoes are like walking on clouds.
i've been using asics for like a decade and love them.

i see a TON of online reviews bitching about the latest edition ones though. Everyones saying the quality is down and the sizing is way off from what it used to be. I'm kind of hesitant to buy another pair now.

How many runners on here got their gait analysed before picking shoes? I started running relatively recently and my shoes are on the way out, but getting gait analysis done feels like a bit of hassle so I wondered how worthwhile it is?

I agree. He sounds extremely underinformed anytime he starts talking about his trail running adventures and the shoes he wears.

There are some people that can wear minimalist shoes - especially on trails - but I'd bet anything on the whole, more people have gotten injured trying to force themselves to run in those kinds of shoes than have gotten injured just wearing normal running shoes over the past 10 years.

There's two things they talk about and I think both are basically bullshit: 1) typical running shoes aren't "natural" and will create foot and leg injuries because they allow you to run in an unnatural way, and 2) you can "train" or "strengthen" your foot to get used to the minimalist shoes and the stride that comes along with it. If your foot and/or stride isn't suited for minimalist footwear, you're going to get injured long before you strengthen or train your foot to run with them.

You can take one look at Rogan and tell if ever did any serious running it was eons ago . I wouldn't put anymore stock into his thoughts on the matter than any other dipshits .

There probably is something to be said for unencumbering the foot , BUT with so many other variables like bodyweight and running surface to consider , yeah most people should just wear a quality shoe and be done with .

How many runners on here got their gait analysed before picking shoes? I started running relatively recently and my shoes are on the way out, but getting gait analysis done feels like a bit of hassle so I wondered how worthwhile it is?
i think there are simple tests you can do that essentially give you a foot print using water that help you determine your own gait.

I bought a pair of brooks last year. They're incredibly comfortable for jogging.

I believe they're trail running shoes

i've been using asics for like a decade and love them.

i see a TON of online reviews bitching about the latest edition ones though. Everyones saying the quality is down and the sizing is way off from what it used to be. I'm kind of hesitant to buy another pair now.

I heard that but mine seem just as good as ever. My fluctuates with most sneakers due to style. I’m shocked people say pumas are UA ...I find them cheaply made. Pumas look cool though.

Asics Cumulus are hands down my favorite shoes Ive ever worn.

What shoe has the best noticeable cushioning?

Back