what is best running shoes?

Looks like Skechers Shape Ups with a milder case of downs
Lotta triathlon goons are using these:

0aa845_df4f5e4c5dca43a185607668f86ef4c9~mv2.gif_256

They look like mashed potato shows, but have a shit load of cushion.

Don't actually run that often but I have a couple pairs of New Balance for the gym, because they're fairly inexpensive and totally decent comfort and quality.

Very tempted to splash out on a pair Under Armour though. They make some very nice looking shoes.

Looks like Skechers Shape Ups with a milder case of downs

Peeps dig'em on the road, due to all that cush. They're trail shoe is a little lower, little better ankle support.

Look goofy doh

I've tried a few different types - I've settle on Nike Free. Granted I rarely do anymore than 10x 100m sprints or various 5k interval runs.
The Nike Free is probably way underrated by many runners. They go for these more obscure name brand running shoes. But it's a fantastic shoe.

I'd tell anyone looking to buy a running shoe to try a Nike Free on.

Don't actually run that often but I have a couple pairs of New Balance for the gym, because they're fairly inexpensive and totally decent comfort and quality.

Very tempted to splash out on a pair Under Armour though. They make some very nice looking shoes.
I have an old pair of New Balance that I liked. They smell like you would not believe, so I don't wear those much.

The Nike Free is probably way underrated by many runners. They go for these more obscure name brand running shoes. But it's a fantastic shoe.

I'd tell anyone looking to buy a running shoe to try a Nike Free on.
Very light and allow more flexion of the foot (not sure if that is the right terminology).

I always question why some of the new "running" shoes have such thin sole, since the point of the shoes is to cushion the impact on your feet and knees. Without proper cushioning, you can develop knee problems over the long term. As far as brands go, I prefer Asics, although I might give New Balance a try.
I always question why some of the new "running" shoes have such thin sole, since the point of the shoes is to cushion the impact on your feet and knees. Without proper cushioning, you can develop knee problems over the long term. As far as brands go, I prefer Asics, although I might give New Balance a try.
Not necessarily true. running shoes need to be as light as possible.

I don't really think there is a "best" running shoe as its pretty subjective, everyone is different. I started with Mizunos but replaced my last pair with a pair of New Balances 880v7 and ended up haaaaating them so bad after about a month that I switched back to a new pair of Muzinos a week before running a marathon. That doesn't mean the new balances aren't good running shoes, they just didn't work for me. The best thing you can do is go to a running shoe store, not a big box store like Dicks, and have them help you out. If they are good they will measure your feet, watch you walk/run, and make multiple suggestions that you can test out on a treadmill.

I don't really think there is a "best" running shoe as its pretty subjective, everyone is different. I started with Mizunos but replaced my last pair with a pair of New Balances 880v7 and ended up haaaaating them so bad after about a month that I switched back to a new pair of Muzinos a week before running a marathon. That doesn't mean the new balances aren't good running shoes, they just didn't work for me. The best thing you can do is go to a running shoe store, not a big box store like Dicks, and have them help you out. If they are good they will measure your feet, watch you walk/run, and make multiple suggestions that you can test out on a treadmill.
If you get someone who knows what they're doing.

I have heard of some nightmares listening to podcasts about runners getting evaluated and fitted at run stores. Not that some of them aren't good at it.

If you get someone who knows what they're doing.

I have heard of some nightmares listening to podcasts about runners getting evaluated and fitted at run stores. Not that some of them aren't good at it.
Yeah its all about finding a good one. My local one is pretty good, I even got this sweet 3D scan of my feet that measures your feet in pretty much every way possible.

Yeah its all about finding a good one. My local one is pretty good, I even got this sweet 3D scan of my feet that measures your feet in pretty much every way possible.
I tend to go with what feels good on my feet. For me I like a shoe that's less stiff and allows for movement. I've never been evaluated for shoes. It would be interesting though. But right now I'm happy with what I have.

I've work asics, new balance, Nike, Reebok, tried them ALL while in the army and it always gave me a burning sensation in my joints for the first mile, then numb after that. Later that day I would feel like an old man and I was in my early / mid 20's.

As of two months ago I went with Under Armor, and tried to find a show that had close to a "zero drop" from heel to toe. I figured I had nothing to lose since other shoes with big cushions always hurt my feet.

My first time running I just wanted to go until I got tired, just ran around town aimlessly. After I got home, I looked and I had done 5 miles and never broke a hard sweat or had any joint pain. I expected to have only run 2.

I really recommend the Under Armor Micro G Speed Swifts

ua_1266208-100_default.jpg

Sounds interesting. I will buy under armour in next few days. My feet hurts with my adidas marathon.

GreenBlack%20GD62R39%20Adidas%20Marathon%2010%20Tr%20Shoes%20Running%20Shoes.jpg

What is a good sprinting shoe? Sprinting seems more dominant than long-distance running imo, so I'd like to get into that.

Sounds interesting. I will buy under armour in next few days. My feet hurts with my adidas marathon.

GreenBlack%20GD62R39%20Adidas%20Marathon%2010%20Tr%20Shoes%20Running%20Shoes.jpg

I got a pair of Under Armours and they're great.

8 months and they still hold up. Light, comfortable, really good brand.

Back