what is best running shoes?

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love puma shoes. They feel great when I am running.

I generally buy Asics or Adidas but I'll be buying Nike Free Run next, they look great and from what I've heard they're comfortable as fuck.

collagef5nov_zps92e56443.jpg

If there is a specialty running store where you live, they usually have people trained in all kinds of evaluation methods to really get you the type of shoe you need. For instance, I have kind of a funny shaped foot. My bridge is very narrow but I have a wide toe box so I need a shoe with some extra room in the front but not very wide through the middle of the shoe. I also have a tendency to walk/run on the outside of my feet so I need something with less sole on the inside of the heel to keep me from putting even more pressure on the outside.

There's no answer to this question, everybody's foot shape and stride is different and some styles that are great for one guy may not be for the next.

I didn't even know Puma made running shoes.

If you went to the Boston Marathon and just tallied up which brand everybody was wearing, I'd say the top 4 would be Asics, New Balance, Nike and Saucony, not necessarily in that order.

I like these, and the recent lawsuit has really dropped the price.

o-VIBRAM-facebook.jpg

Brooks
Mizuno
Asics
New Balance

Those are my favorites. I've realized it depends a lot on the fit. If you have a slightly wider foot, or an in between size, the small differences between brands may fit your foot better. I buy made in the USA New Balance most of the time, but My Brooks and Mizuno's were nice.

i don't know much about running shoes, but i've heard that new balance is the brand to get.

The ones that feel best to you.

I prefer Mizuno's myself. Been using them for years now.

Make sure you get them fitted properly, as long as they're right for your foot you'll be good.

My personal preference is Mizuno's.

It depends on your foot shape and running style. I've tried all sorts of different brands over the years and have found that Nike tends to fit me the best. Right now I'm using Nike Free Runs.

I always question why some of the new "running" shoes have such thin sole, since the point of the shoes is to cushion the impact on your feet and knees. Without proper cushioning, you can develop knee problems over the long term. As far as brands go, I prefer Asics, although I might give New Balance a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back