What is Aldo's best performance?

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it UFC 200, or WEC 48? UFC 200 he fought Frankie Edgar, and looked tremendous stuffing 11 of Frankie's takedowns, and being very patient looking like the Aldo of old.

WEC 48 is where he defended his WEC Featherweight title in the WEC's only PPV against Urijah Faber, he kicked Urijah's legs out from under him stuffing all of his takedowns as well as completley shutting his down his entire game.

If there's another performance you thinks is better than both, post the event.

Discuss.

KO'ing KZ with broken leg or masterful striking defense that had Frankie hitting air all night

Conors just genius on the feet

200.gif

J/k. I'd pick the Faber fight. Those legs kicks were amazing.

I will never forget WEC 48. I was more than happy to pay for the paper-view and was not at all let down with the results, so that gets my vote.

I'm not confident in it being his best performance but his performance against Mike Brown was just stellar.

UFC 200 was probably is most dominant complete shutout. So is his Faber fight but the Edgar fight was more impressive.

His performance vs KZ was also stellar. Out striking him, catching flying knees into TDs. It was slick as fuck.

The Faber fight I think, Aldo was amazing in that fight. I remember at the time thinking Faber would win, and damn he got used as a leg kicking bag.

The first time I became aware of him was in WEC when he beat Cub Swanson with the knee and went in to the crowd to celebrate.

Oh and KOing Manny was nice as well...

His most entertaining fight was definitely vs mendes 2.

Am I the only one who thought he looked a bit lackluster against TKZ?

He basically changed the fight game with his Faber performance. Faber is as game as they come but Aldo was masterful

His old WEC fights followed by the Conor fight.

Fuxk point fighters.

His rematch win against Mendes. Thought fight that took him to the limit.

His last fight with Frankie was a masterclass whilst his fight with Faber was out and out brutality (When he still threw kicks), how Faber isn't still in a wheelchair to this day Ill never know.
faber.jpg

Last edited:
His most entertaining fight was definitely vs mendes 2.
Very exciting fight.

Both looked sharp but Aldo was just 1 step ahead of Mendes. I wonder how much that fight shaved off their fighting careers?

What he did to Edgar in the 2nd fight was as masterful as it gets and I wish he would have retired or went to LW after that to get his rematch with Conor

I enjoyed the mendes ii a lot. I thought it was complete domination but still a war. But, the best performance, for me, is the first Edgar fight. I was rooting for Edgar, it was the first UFC event that I watched, and I couldn't believe the amount of leg kicks that Edgar ate that night. As a noob, I was thinking, well, Edgar still punched him a lot in the last couple of rounds so it is a win for Frankie, but after rewatching I realize that Frankie had nothing to offer.

Back