What is a good move up from crunches and leg raises?

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been doing a lot of crunches and leg raises for abs, and made good progress, but now seem to have plateaued and they feel like those moves are not taxing me. What is a more advanced ab move to progress to? ty

Standing abwheel roll outs, hanging windshield wipers, heavy decline sit ups, weighted planks, dragonflys

the ab wheel. you can also do this move with a towel on a smooth floor or a similar motion with rings/trx. i remember walking on all fours downhill was killer for abs if you workout outdoors.

maybe you want to start one armed carries/lifts, one armed overhead carries/lifts, turkish get ups, etc.

always hated the ab wheel.

medicine ball + weight you can handle (20,25,40lb) + crunches. I like to do them on a decline, as much as possible. Straight crunches, side to side and the slow ones where you hold it high above your head and go back slowly.

Sledge hammer work on a big tire is a fantastic exercise.

Flutter kicks and V ups.

No equipment needed just the attitude to suffer for what you want.

Second hanging leg raises or even toes to bar if you can

Oh I see Mark Cutter mention "stir the pot" with elbows on a ball if you have one. It is deceptively difficult. My fighter friend's gym has everyone do them. Very good one.

Rocking body hollow holds
Dragon flags
Hanging leg raises
Windshield wipers

Back