What if....

J

Julius_Caesar

You put this guy:

In this lab for a year:

I'm bringing this up (again) because I asked him the other day if he would consider mma and he said maybe but its up to his team. I know you guys gonna make fun of this like you usually do but I still think its a great idea even tho I don't really like MMA. All these questions pop up in my head whilst I was training with him. How easy would it be to take him down? What would his power be like with mma gloves? Could he be the next big star out of Asia since Pacquiao?

And it doesn't necessarily have to be Yodwicha but he is one of the best options out there. Someone like sittichai gets caught off balance too much. I don't think I've ever seen Yodwicha thrown off balance before. I don't see how he would be an easy guy to take down once you teach him the basics of takedown defence.

I can understand wanting to see an elite nak muay in a crazy sports facility like the UFC Performance Institute, but why go into MMA? Would you find it more appealing than going into boxing or judo?

I think facilitys like that are overrated.

He would need at least a solid 2 to 3 years of grappling training before being able to go to a high level in MMA considering his weight class. The better the striker, the more people want to take him down.

That "lab" as you call it is good for strength and conditioning but I'm not sure how good they would be at turning a great striker into a well rounded MMA fighter. That shit takes time and isn't easy.

the ufc also supports glory right? i wonder if they are allowed to use the facilities , or the triumphant fighters.

Ivan Drago had a state of the art lab like that while Rocky trained in the mountains and look how that turned out. I bet Ngannou would benefit more from training like Yodwicha than vice versa.

I think facilitys like that are overrated.
Maybe some aspects of it. But what I meant was taking a good young thai in his prime to a facility like that where they can cover all areas of MMA effectively. That plus bringing over a good Thai trainer with them. I'm fascinated with what the result would be after a couple years.

I've been watching Yodwicha and he is a hard worker during training but the routine at Kems gym is no different than most Thai camps. He doesn't even have many good sparring partners. Not like how superbon has Buakaw and Petchtanong. He's good because he works hard, experienced and naturally talented so adding a nutritionist, a strength/conditioning coach, grappling coaches, boxing coach on top of a good Thai muaythai coach makes me wonder what kind of MMA fighter they could produce.

I can understand wanting to see an elite nak muay in a crazy sports facility like the UFC Performance Institute, but why go into MMA? Would you find it more appealing than going into boxing or judo?
Boxing too competitive and it really depends on the style. I'd like to see how sittichai would do in pro boxing but I don't think Yodwicha has the right style.

We've seen Nak Muays do well in kickboxing and boxing but not MMA yet. I think the world would react well to a fighter like Yodwicha in MMA (if it works out well for him). The sport is growing even in Thailand and it creates stars. Even more so than boxing now days. Look at Francis. He made his MMA debut a few years ago and already he's pretty big. I love Francis story and I'd also love to see the story of a poor issan kid to UFC superstar. Kinda like Buakaws story in K1 but x10 because of how big the UFC is and this social media generation.

He would need at least a solid 2 to 3 years of grappling training before being able to go to a high level in MMA considering his weight class. The better the striker, the more people want to take him down.
Yes I agree it would take him a couple years and naturally that would be the amount of time he would be competing at a lower level before jumping into a bigger promotion. But I kid you not Yodwicha is not an easy guy to take down. I don't have great grappling but I have a little experience. If anyone with good grappling wants to test it they should go to Kems and try and take him down if they're ever in Thailand. Its not easy at all. Even a 130 pounder like Superlek feels like you're grappling a light heavyweight. Yodwicha is a strong unit and once he know the basics of takedown defence I think it would come naturally to him.

That "lab" as you call it is good for strength and conditioning but I'm not sure how good they would be at turning a great striker into a well rounded MMA fighter. That shit takes time and isn't easy.
Nothings easy but still interested in seeing the result.

I bet Ngannou would benefit more from training like Yodwicha than vice versa.
No I don't think so. Yodwicha doesn't really train to learn. He trains to sharpen up because he's been doing this for so many years. Its the same old routine. Only things he does is stop elbows and a little more boxing training because he's been competing in kb. Francis could benefit from a good Thai pad holder but I think overall the facility he's training at is good for him because of all the areas they cover.

Wait hold up I though Yodwicha was transitioning into Kickboxing? He hasn't even perfected the scissor knee and combo spam, now you want him working on oblique kicks and Superman punches? That's too much to handle all at once IMO.

It would be bad for MT-KB..

losing striking talent for a sport dominated by collegiate wrestlers

Wait hold up I though Yodwicha was transitioning into Kickboxing? He hasn't even perfected the scissor knee and combo spam, now you want him working on oblique kicks and Superman punches? That's too much to handle all at once IMO.
I'd be happy with him in kickboxing or mma but I think mma would be a more lucrative choice.

losing striking talent for a sport dominated by collegiate wrestlers
Saying Yodwicha in mma is losing striking talent is like saying Yodwicha in kickboxing is losing clinching/grappling talent.

Saying Yodwicha in mma is losing striking talent is like saying Yodwicha in kickboxing is losing clinching/grappling talent.
is way more common Muay thai fighters moving to kickboxing than MMA for tons of reasons

for me i would rather to still watching Yodwicha in the stadiums especially now that there are some interesting names in..

i dont like MMA so i rather at least to see him on KB

if yodvicha wants to do mma he needs to get hooked up with evolve asap. He can spend the next 2 to 3 years training mma while still making decent money fighting for em legend and a one fc fight here or there against scrubs until he gets a good offer from ufc or bellator.

While your out there find out if there has been any talk about the petrosyan fight being rescheduled. Also can you get some clarification of if his em legend fights are under kb or mt rules (I might just be confused because of the joint events between em legend and top king but I know I have watched him use elbows in an em legend ring)

if yodvicha wants to do mma he needs to get hooked up with evolve asap. He can spend the next 2 to 3 years training mma while still making decent money fighting for em legend and a one fc fight here or there against scrubs until he gets a good offer from ufc or bellator.

While your out there find out if there has been any talk about the petrosyan fight being rescheduled. Also can you get some clarification of if his em legend fights are under kb or mt rules (I might just be confused because of the joint events between em legend and top king but I know I have watched him use elbows in an em legend ring)

Good idea but realistically not sure if Kem will be ok with him moving to evolve.

I left Kems the other day. In Bangkok now. I asked about the petro fight and didn't hear anything about rescheduling. I think most of his em legend fights were under kb. You can message Kems wife (Mo) on facebook. She speaks good English.

Think Petro was at last Emei and they kinda teased that fight happening there.

So much for that UFC Hype Lab. Dude had zero energy after the first round <Lmaoo>

Back