What if the trash talking fighters in real life are cool and the preceived good persona ones are not

For example I believe Trash talking fighters are all a gimmick to sell PPV and are actually good down to earth people in real life.I also believe its the exact opposite of the goody two shoes gimmick some fighters put out and they are actual pricks in real life.While there might be genuine nice guys and genuine pricks I think most of these MMA fighters are not who you think they are.There is irony everywhere just saying.Bill Cosby for example.
Let me guess, Trump is a cool dude and Ghandi was actually a prick?

Did you read the post.While there may be genuine nice guys genuine pricks.Did you read that?
I did, doesn't change the fact that the premise of the thread is a little childish. TS could have asked what if we actually all live in the matrix.

Might be better if people used their own brain to judge people on their actions.
Jon Jones tried to "Play" the goody two shoes so to speak, GSP seems to be a genuinely nice guy. He has said a few things to sell fights but exudes respect for others. Jones was see thru to anyone with any level of critical thinking.

Chael played the "Heel" while Colby is being an outright dirt bag. starting a fight with a guy not even in your division and calling the police on them for attention? tweeting Star Wars spoilers? get a life.

Certainly there can be some people putting up a front, in either direction, but more often, the trash-talker guys are actual douchebags and heels. And certainly the low key guys, generally, are going to be the nicer guys.

Look at how many keyboard warriors who are merely fans are complete tools. You think guys even tougher and more competitive are going to be magically down to earth for some reason? Explain War Machine. Exactly what he seemed to be, but worse, not better.

Maybe as the UFC continues to try and succeed in being more and more in line with WWE, they'll all be fake personas, but we're not there yet.

Like GSP secretly burns puppies and Mike Perry volunteers at the local homeless shelter?

I did, doesn't change the fact that the premise of the thread is a little childish. TS could have asked what if we actually all live in the matrix.

Might be better if people used their own brain to judge people on their actions.
Jon Jones tried to "Play" the goody two shoes so to speak, GSP seems to be a genuinely nice guy. He has said a few things to sell fights but exudes respect for others. Jones was see thru to anyone with any level of critical thinking.

Chael played the "Heel" while Colby is being an outright dirt bag. starting a fight with a guy not even in your division and calling the police on them for attention? tweeting Star Wars spoilers? get a life.
GSP really? a guy that was best friends with a guy slinging tons of coke, pot, had a slush fund to make hits on anyone that conspired against him and was working with scumbag cartels.The same guy that said he never does drugs that GSP?

I’m a stand up and this is so true with stand up comics. I apply it to my perception of fighters as well.

Example: Bill Cosby was Mr. Purity on stage; off stage was raping chicks.

Doug Stanhope is one of the most flawed people on stage, in real life he’s one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet.

Last edited:
GSP really? a guy that was best friends with a guy slinging tons of coke, pot, had a slush fund to make hits on anyone that conspired against him and was working with scumbag cartels.The same guy that said he never does drugs that GSP?
WTF are you talking about?

Like GSP secretly burns puppies and Mike Perry volunteers at the local homeless shelter?
I think you have your facts wrong. GSP EATS puppies for their little known Performance Enhancing and Mike Perry just lives at the shelter.

Some of the biggest shit talkers are indeed nice guys outside the octagon - Conor, Chael, Diaz brothers, etc. It's not a 100% science, but there's definitely some truth to it. It seems to work that way with actors and pro wrestlers, too - Some of the nicest ones are best at playing assholes and vice versa.

Have met a bunch of "Trash Talkers" at Fan Expos. Very cool guys. Nate Diaz is a legit awesome guy. Think most of the stuff said these days is to hype/sell the fight.

Met him back at UFC 57.

We chatted and I was amazed how nice he was. He introduced himself to my wife and wasn't arrogant or cocky just all around nice guy.

Who knew that 20 hours later he'd be throwing a shoe at Joe Riggs in the hospital?

Yes, because high school kids don't have clicks and if a person is out of their circle there ass holes. Especially if those kids are on the outside.

People are also much different in High School. It's called maturity. Grow up and go to bed before I tell your mom to cut off your Internet.

I voiced my opinion on people I've met, spent time with and how they were. Sorry if it doesn't fit in your little theory of how to box people together. Grow up.

Probably a mixture of both. Not everything is black and white. Tons of shades of gray.

Yes, because high school kids don't have clicks and if a person is out of their circle there ass holes. Especially if those kids are on the outside.

People are also much different in High School. It's called maturity. Grow up and go to bed before I tell your mom to cut off your Internet.

I voiced my opinion on people I've met, spent time with and how they were. Sorry if it doesn't fit in your little theory of how to box people together. Grow up.
Dude it sounds like you are stuck on the 9th step on the twelve step program.If so there are a lot people out there that are stuck on that one.If i am wrong I sincerly apologise.

I kinda don't care because I don't interact with any in everyday life like as neighbor, client, etc.

The average Sherdogger feels smug about pro wrestling and its heels and dumb storylines, fair enough, and yet they completely swallow the same kind of act in the UFC. Witness the hate engendered by Joanna recently ..... by all accounts she's one of the nicest people in the sport yet normally street wise folk were driven crazy by her act, pontificating about the victory of good over evil (LOL)

About trash talking demeaning "the sport." It isn't a sport, it's prizefighting - beating people up for the entertainment of the crowd. Hype has always been a central part of the fight game whether the promoter's name was Tex Rickard or Dana White.

Dude it sounds like you are stuck on the 9th step on the twelve step program.If so there are a lot people out there that are stuck on that one.If i am wrong I sincerly apologise.

Very wrong, apology accepted.

Until they show us otherwise, shit talkers are shit talkers and I do not like that kind of person.

I never liked Tito Ortiz and when I voice that opinion, so many Tito knobslobberers come to his defense saying "he's only doing that to sell a fight" despite most of his POS antics happens AFTER the fight . . .

DistortedEnchantingAmericanindianhorse.gif

SleepyLeftBagworm-size_restricted.gif

30779.jpg

TitoFliooff.jpg

So until they show me otherwise, shit talkers are shit.

Back