What if the trash talking fighters in real life are cool and the preceived good persona ones are not

liteitup

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
For example I believe Trash talking fighters are all a gimmick to sell PPV and are actually good down to earth people in real life.I also believe its the exact opposite of the goody two shoes gimmick some fighters put out and they are actual pricks in real life.While there might be genuine nice guys and genuine pricks I think most of these MMA fighters are not who you think they are.There is irony everywhere just saying.Bill Cosby for example.

I think if the trash talking fighters do not put on exciting fights they remain irrelevant despite shit talking.

Jones is the posterboy for that fake act

But don't know about the trash talkers.
Brash personality and impulsiveness can lead to trouble

Chael's been in plenty legal trouble
Conor's record isn't perfect either
Mayweather, Badr Hari, etc.

Don't waste you time trying to disect people.

Everyone will show you who they truly are through their statements and actions.

Believe them when they tell you who they are.

For example I believe Trash talking fighters are all a gimmick to sell PPV and are actually good down to earth people in real life.I also believe its the exact opposite of the goody two shoes gimmick some fighters put out and they are actual pricks in real life.While there might be genuine nice guys and genuine pricks I think most of these MMA fighters are not who you think they are.There is irony everywhere just saying.Bill Cosby for example.

Degrading the sport by turning it into WWE does not make someone a good person just because its an act. In fact if its an act its even worse because now its childish stupid AND fake.

980.jpg

Deep down everyone is good. Even murders and rapists, they just have really shitty personality traits.

wonderful.gif

Deep down everyone is good. Even murders and rapists, they just have really shitty personality traits.

So how do you differentiate between someone who does bad things and a bad person?

Have met a bunch of "Trash Talkers" at Fan Expos. Very cool guys. Nate Diaz is a legit awesome guy. Think most of the stuff said these days is to hype/sell the fight.

Don't waste you time trying to disect people.

Everyone will show you who they truly are through their statements and actions.

Believe them when they tell you who they are.

Kinda this, really. You’re not a good person if you go out of your way to upset people; regardless of wether it’s because you’re a full-on bastard or just a bastard “to make a name for myself on Twitter”, it still makes you a bastard.

Not everyone is two faced. Not all trash talkers are sweet innocent outside the cage . Some are total asses all the time. Some that are nice, quiet and don't talk trash are just that outside the cage too.

Generalizing any group is never good. Every person has their own personality. Putting people in boxes has always been proven it doesn't work.

Some of the nicest fighters I've ever met outside of the cage are Rory Macdonald, Frankie Edgar, Conor MacGregor ( prior to becoming champ, don't know if it changed him), Nick Diaz, GSP and Gary Goodridge (found out about MMA from him). Also Pat Cote is the nicest guy you'd ever meet

Some of the worst personalities outside the cage had to be Faber, Hendricks and CB Dollaway.

Met a lot of fighters but the above all left an impression of being great down to earth nice people or total ass bags. On both lists there are the nice guys and trash talkers .

I'm an expert on judging character and I'll tell you, two of the most hated fighters -- Rockhold and Tyrone -- are quality people

What's your point?

I think if the trash talking fighters do not put on exciting fights they remain irrelevant despite shit talking.
Sure worked fine for Mayweather and to a (significantly) lesser extent Chael.

Sure worked fine for Mayweather and to a (significantly) lesser extent Chael.
I'll give you Chael but money was killing fools when he was coming up. He got boring in his 30's but was already a major draw

What's your point?
The cameras do weird things to people.I used to work with a filming crew taking shots for small documentaries and I can assure you people are not who you think they are.

Not everyone is two faced. Not all trash talkers are sweet innocent outside the cage . Some are total asses all the time. Some that are nice, quiet and don't talk trash are just that outside the cage too.

Generalizing any group is never good. Every person has their own personality. Putting people in boxes has always been proven it doesn't work.

Some of the nicest fighters I've ever met outside of the cage are Rory Macdonald, Frankie Edgar, Conor MacGregor ( prior to becoming champ, don't know if it changed him), Nick Diaz, GSP and Gary Goodridge (found out about MMA from him). Also Pat Cote is the nicest guy you'd ever meet

Some of the worst personalities outside the cage had to be Faber, Hendricks and CB Dollaway.

Met a lot of fighters but the above all left an impression of being great down to earth nice people or total ass bags. On both lists there are the nice guys and trash talkers .
I know for a fact some of the fighters you listed as being cool that are supposevly nice people are total douchbags.From posts from people that went to school with them ect.I will take there words over yours.

Back