What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

Prime Shogun was insane.

Crazy relentless pressure, iron chin, amazing stamina, Very aggressive off his back(especially with leg locks, Joe Tex legs would be in danger)

We saw them both fight, not that far out of their primes. And both got destroyed.

Fedor was a slightly higher favorite against timmay than Jones was against shogun and that’s mostly because jones was still so young.
Dunno these odds... but..."slightly higher favorite"... for you and others maybe.

I had absolutely no doubt,tbh

Pride fans remember Shogun's soccer kicks or stomps, so they think he would have the advantage.

But have you considered that Jon might have had lethal soccer kicks as well, if he had trained under Pride rules

Either way; I think Jon would win again, and Shogun would barely even have an opportunity to use those techniques.

Pains me to say it but almost definitely Jones if hellbows allowed.

No hellbows? Almost guaranteed Shogun slaughters him.

Jon has retardedly good core strength and throws. He would certainly get Shogun down.

1 leg kick

game over

I'm still confident shogun could win now

29 year old LHW Champ Shogun who Knocked out Machida, after getting screwed by decision the first time is not in his prime? Good god some of you Pride fanboys live in an alternate universe..

Dude, you're completely ignoring Rua's prime was when he won the grandprix at 25 with 13 pro fights. After that horrific arm injury he was never the same.

still in his prime after that many knee surgeries and all those wars?

IMG_1702.jpg
shogun is in his best when he fought jones. Just because of knee surgery doesn’t Mean he’s not in his prime. In fact jones that beat machida is better than the 2005 version.

Pride juiced Shogun vs juiced Jones = Jones still wins.

Dude, you're completely ignoring Rua's prime was when he won the grandprix at 25 with 13 pro fights. After that horrific arm injury he was never the same.

So we ignore the competition of the UFC when it comes to losses? Did he fight Jones in Pride? No.

Back