What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

UFC=Bones

Pride=Shogun

Bones gnp wouldn’t be all that scary or impressive in pride. Takedowns wouldn’t mean much for Jon in pride. Shogun with healthy knees was a fucking monster in the clinch.

It’s crazy how forgotten 2005 Shogun is today. LHW GOAT.

The fight we did see had such a wide disparity it’s hard to imagine a scenario where shogun wins. I mean, maybe prime timmay could have beaten fedor too....

People forget Pride had no drug testing, I'll assume Shogun (and everyone else) was on something during his 2005 run.

Then again it wouldn't have mattered if Prime Shogun and Prime Jones were both on every PED imaginable or both clean as a whistle. Jones is just on a different level.

Jesus, this is the most honest three sentences I've ever heard uttered by someone with an account old enough to have watched PRIDE live about Shogun.

You mean that fraud pro wrestling PED org? Jones would have kneed Rua's head into the matt while having top control, you'd want Rua to die or what.

Pretty much.

In no world, in no wet dream fantasy is Shogun a match for Jon Jones. Not. Nowhere. Never. He'd have to be primed and juiced up to even have a chance. It's like some of you clowns didn't even watch the fight or aren't remembering it correctly as one of the most thorough beatings one man has ever laid on a champion ever. The indomitable warrior, the legend of LHW, the monster of PRIDE was tapping to strikes by the end. It wasn't even Jones' best fight nor was he peaked as far as his skills. Jones is very likely a cheater and his legacy should be discounted but barring that, he is easily your MMA GOAT. There ain't no shame in getting your ass handed to you by the best to ever do it and have no chance of winning even in your mythical prime.

The fight we did see had such a wide disparity it’s hard to imagine a scenario where shogun wins. I mean, maybe prime timmay could have beaten fedor too....
"maybe prime timmay could have beaten fedor too"

wtf2.gif

Some of the same people who say GSP's knee surgeries had nothing to do with his declining performance (or with Cruz losing his title) blame every loss of Shogun's on injuries. Gotta love this place. The best and most technical version of Shogun was the one who fought Machida, and he'd already had surgeries by then. He then turned into a brawler (Gus, Hendo, etc. fights) and you can't blame that on surgeries. I'm not saying injuries haven't affected him, but there are other factors.

As much as I like Shogun more than Jones I just don't see it. Pride or UFC. I'm assuming both will come in performance enhanced of course.

Best chance would be for Shogun to pull off a sub with Pride rules. One of the reasons I see Jones not beating Fedor in Pride but Prime Shogun isn't Red Devil Fedor.

Some of the same people who say GSP's knee surgeries had nothing to do with his declining performance (or with Cruz losing his title) blame every loss of Shogun's on injuries. Gotta love this place. The best and most technical version of Shogun was the one who fought Machida, and he'd already had surgeries by then. He then turned into a brawler (Gus, Hendo, etc. fights) and you can't blame that on surgeries. I'm not saying injuries haven't affected him, but there are other factors.
This is called experience & Fight IQ...

As for "cheating" Jones, that's a ridiculous charge since there was no testing in Pride and it's likely almost everyone was cheating there.

Combined rules I'd bet the house on Jones. Jones is just too lanky and too good a grappler for Shogun to wrap him up in a clinch or land some crazy kicks. and I love Shogun. Jones also has one helluva chin as he proved against Gus. Also give me a juiced to the gills Jones against anyone at 205.

As for "cheating" Jones, that's a ridiculous charge since there was no testing in Pride and it's likely almost everyone was cheating there.

Exactly. You forget what a saucey Shogun was capable of.

Not equally.

Shogun is/was in the LHW GOAT discussions.

"Stereo" Timmy never was in the HW GOAT discussions.
We saw them both fight, not that far out of their primes. And both got destroyed.

Fedor was a slightly higher favorite against timmay than Jones was against shogun and that’s mostly because jones was still so young.

Back