What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

I read everything you said. I am giving facts about his wins and losses, and his performances going into the Jones fight, and you are giving speculation and opinion on what the actual definition of a prime is. It is hard to sell someone as past prime when

A fighter is still young (29)
A fighter is having great success. Holds the belt, 1st round KO over a great fighter.
If the fighter is feared and respected going into the fight. Shogun was, a lot of people thought Jones would win, because of the talent he showcased, not because Shogun was seen as some shot fighter.. And Also while you said winning does not mean you are in your prime, losing does not mean you are past your prime either. Competition is the key factor often..
You are completely leaving out the fact that Rua had another knee injury and surgery right before he fought Jones. He injured it while KO'ing Machida.

Shogun also had a knee injury before he even debuted in the UFC and had to have surgery right after fighting Forrest.

His prime was 2005 before all the injuries and surgeries piled up.

Jones ruins Shogun in any org. Pride fetish fantasy boys are worse than grown men who still believe in the tooth fairy.

Jones has a ridiculous wrestling advantage, a huge reach advantage and an iron chin. He's simply Kryptonite for Shogun. Remember, Shogun had trouble with the reach and striking of a skinny, tall Overeem, but Alistair gassed in about 2 minutes. Jones has gone 5 rounds with ease, so there's no edge for Shogun either.

Last edited:
I'm no Jones fan and can't wait to see him get defeated but Shogun was in his prime when Jones wrecked him. Rua at no age or level would be Jon Jones. There are people who can beat Jon Jones though.

I read everything you said. I am giving facts about his wins and losses, and his performances going into the Jones fight, and you are giving speculation and opinion on what the actual definition of a prime is. It is hard to sell someone as past prime when

A fighter is still young (29)
A fighter is having great success. Holds the belt, 1st round KO over a great fighter.
If the fighter is feared and respected going into the fight. Shogun was, a lot of people thought Jones would win, because of the talent he showcased, not because Shogun was seen as some shot fighter.. And Also while you said winning does not mean you are in your prime, losing does not mean you are past your prime either. Competition is the key factor often..

still in his prime after that many knee surgeries and all those wars?

IMG_1702.jpg

I would say Jones wins again but it would be closer. Let's not forget that Jones would be able to use the full attack as well.

PRIDE fans always live in the past.

All they do is sit in their basement thinking "Yeah i know Shogun lost....but WHAT IF?"

Jones over any Shogun

Exactly.

This is why i say Shogun fans are the most delusional.

1. Shogun fans
2. BJ Penn fans

You can't reason with them.

Last edited:
Some people thought Jones title shot was “too soon”. I knew Jones would win but I didn’t think he’d take Shogun to the back of the woodshed like he did. I don’t remember Shogun landing a single significant strike but the stats say he landed 9. Jones landed 75. Shogun KO’ed a prime Machida who was the fucking man at the time. 16-0 and legit Champ that hadn’t been figured out how to beat. The MMA world was right at the pinnacle of the “Machida Era”. Shogun ended that shit but somehow he wasn’t in his ‘prime’?

Shogun fanboys are some of the worst.

PRIME Shogun = Pre Knee surgery + PRIDE rules (Soccer kicks, stomps.. etc)

tumblr_ngs7672EmW1u2ragso1_500.gif

Hilarious how you ask a question of who would win yet only include one of the fighters highlight. Agenda is apparent. Jones would still make him tap to strikes.

Better question is who wins prime shogun vs fedro???

Prime shogun could beat the jones that fought OSP. Jones on PEDS would probably always win though

Some people thought Jones title shot was “too soon”. I knew Jones would win but I didn’t think he’d take Shogun to the back of the woodshed like he did. I don’t remember Shogun landing a single significant strike but the stats say he landed 9. Jones landed 75. Shogun KO’ed a prime Machida who was the fucking man at the time. 16-0 and legit Champ that hadn’t been figured out how to beat. The MMA world was right at the pinnacle of the “Machida Era”. Shogun ended that shit but somehow he wasn’t in his ‘prime’?

When u have Z-E-R-O understanding of the prime concept, jus´do this:

shhh.jpg

Jon Jones is the most talented fighter ever. He takes prime anybody ever.

This. The only debates I'm willing to accept start with Jon Jones vs HW....

Anything LWH shouldn't be mentioned.

I would say Jones wins again but it would be closer. Let's not forget that Jones would be able to use the full attack as well.
I don't think the rules would be as important as Shogun's health.
The ring vs. octagon may be an issue however.

And the world will never know.

Shogun still hasn't recovered from that final knee surgery and it's unlikely he will be the same again.

On the Reem documentary, a doctor told Alistair that someone who blows their knee out is 5 times more likely to do it again.

That means Shogun is in the exponent range.

Prime Shogun vs. Boner would have been a much better fight than what we got, for sure.

He had 3 knee surgeries in 3 years, including one right before he fought Jones, and you think he was still in his prime???

IMG_1702.jpg

Go watch his fights in 2005, before all his injuries and watch how fast and dynamic he was. He was throwing tornado kicks, flying stomps, knees and kicks from everywhere. After each injury he became slower, and more hesitant to throw knees or kicks.

I think we saw “prime” Shogun against Jones already, dude got murdered

He had 3 knee surgeries in 3 years, including one right before he fought Jones, and you think he was still in his prime???

IMG_1702.jpg

Go watch his fights in 2005, before all his injuries and watch how fast and dynamic he was. He was throwing tornado kicks, flying stomps, knees from everywhere. After each injury he became slower, and more hesitant to throw knees or kicks.
@Squintz

told ya 2 read the thread...

They wont listen...[sigh]

Back