What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

Absolutely. But let's go back to your original post. Any version of Shogun beats clean Jones. So you're saying Shogun can use PEDs but Jones can't and at the same time discredit only Jones skills. Great point bro!

Any version of Shogun. Meaning old, wrecked Shogun as well. It was a joke.

Really how so? Which part?
If u had been around at that time, following sports in the 1980s-90s-00s, you would know that it was not (and it´s still not) a winnable war back then, since there was possibly a 10 yrs technological gap btw testers and PEDs-user.

What Pride was technically sayin´ : we cant win this war and dont wanna lose time & money with it.

This was the UFC situation at the very same time:

Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

Having the belt does not mean it either? The problem with Pride fans is they live in his La La Land about Pride VS UFC. Most of the guys that came to the UFC from Pride and had spotty results, was NOT about being way past their prime. People underestimated UFC competition.
Your way of thinking is much too simplistic...

A prime is not only about age, physical state, or how many fights u had (all sports combined)..

It can be a mental thing, like Frank said after the Cung Le fight, when he said that he no longer had the mental discipline to follow a gameplan.

A prime is also not about winning or losing. U can still be winning and no longer be in your prime: this is called fight IQ & experience, mental warfare too (see the B-Hop case).

Now a physical prime, back in the days (now with so many sophisticated PEDs...), would go up to 34 yrs old maxi.

If u had been around at that time, following sports in the 1980s-90s-00s, you would know that it was not (and it´s still not) a winnable war back then, since there was possibly a 10 yrs technological gap btw testers and PEDs-user.

What Pride was technically sayin´ : we cant win this war and dont wanna lose time & money with it.

This was the UFC situation at the very same time:

Steroids were fully ingrained in the culture of the UFC by the time Kerr arrived.

Randy Couture, who debuted in the Octagon one event before Kerr, dismissed UFC’s testing protocol at the time as illegitimate.

“Everyone knew it was a joke,” Couture said. “They basically tossed you a cup and sent you to the bathroom, but I don't know why they even did it. I think it was to cross off a box.”

Kerr said doctors conducting pre-fight medicals ignored obvious warning signs of his steroid use.

"I remember sitting across the table from the doctor, and the doctor looking at my liver enzymes,” Kerr said. “When you do anabolics in high amounts it messes with your liver enzymes. The doctor was looking at me and looking at the liver enzymes and looking at me. He said, 'Do you realize this is eight times the normal amount you're supposed to have?' I said, ‘Yeah,' and that was it. They allowed me to fight."

Ok.. So Jones juices up and whips Shogun. Or USADA can test them both and he still whips him. Either way Shogun is getting whipped..

Ok.. So Jones juices up and whips Shogun. Or USADA can test them both and he still whips him. Either way Shogun is getting whipped..
this is not about this match-up... It´s about the prime concept, that U havent mastered yet, Im afraid...

Your way of thinking is much too simplistic...

A prime is not only about age, physical state, or how many fights u had (all sports combined)..

It can be a mental thing, like Frank said after the Cung Le fight, when he said that he no longer had the mental discipline to follow a gameplan.

A prime is also not about winning or losing. U can still be winning and no longer be in your prime: this is called fight IQ & experience, mental warfare too (see the B-Hop case).

Now a physical prime, back in the days (now with so many sophisticated PEDs...), would go up to 34 yrs old maxi.

He IMO beat a previously unbeaten and champion Machida 2 straight times. Once by Dec and the other by KO. I would say he was full on in his prime.

this is not about this match-up... It´s about the prime concept, that U havent mastered yet, Im afraid...

Your opinion of prime is what you are giving me son. I don't have to agree. It is kind of the point..

You mean that fraud pro wrestling PED org? Jones would have kneed Rua's head into the matt while having top control, you'd want Rua to die or what.
If Pride was a "fraud pro wrestling PED org" then the writer would decide the finish .

Jones destroys any version of Shogun. Anybody that knows how to analyze an MMA fight can see this.

If Pride was a "fraud pro wrestling PED org" then the writer would decide the finish .

Vince McMahon would still script new face Jones to be the winner instead of the fading guy with bad knees and increasing bodyfat%.

Does Pride rules include the fight fixing that went on? That is the only way Shogun wins.

Read instead of sonnin´me.

I read everything you said. I am giving facts about his wins and losses, and his performances going into the Jones fight, and you are giving speculation and opinion on what the actual definition of a prime is. It is hard to sell someone as past prime when

A fighter is still young (29)
A fighter is having great success. Holds the belt, 1st round KO over a great fighter.
If the fighter is feared and respected going into the fight. Shogun was, a lot of people thought Jones would win, because of the talent he showcased, not because Shogun was seen as some shot fighter.. And Also while you said winning does not mean you are in your prime, losing does not mean you are past your prime either. Competition is the key factor often..

Jones rapes any version of Shogun. The haters need to stop dreaming of scenarios where JBJ loses. I know a lot of you are still butthurt, but you need to get the fuck over it.

I'm no Jones fan and can't wait to see him get defeated but Shogun was in his prime when Jones wrecked him. Rua at no age or level would be Jon Jones. There are people who can beat Jon Jones though.

I read everything you said. I am giving facts about his wins and losses, and his performances going into the Jones fight, and you are giving speculation and opinion on what the actual definition of a prime is. It is hard to sell someone as past prime when

A fighter is still young (29)
A fighter is having great success. Holds the belt, 1st round KO over a great fighter.
If the fighter is feared and respected going into the fight. Shogun was, a lot of people thought Jones would win, because of the talent he showcased, not because Shogun was seen as some shot fighter.. And Also while you said winning does not mean you are in your prime, losing does not mean you are past your prime either. Competition is the key factor often..
OK, I wrote all this BS for nuthin´, u understood zero.

Back