What if GSP returns and decides he wants to fight Whitaker anyway?

Honestly can GSP return and decide to fight Whitaker if he beats Rockhold? Would they allow him to do that and would everyone on Sherdog be ok with it?
Of course he can.

Ufc and WME want money
Gsp brings in said money

Only way he fights Whittaker is if Whittaker looks like dogshit and still beats Rockhold nonetheless

GSP got colitis for going against his body's nature to bulk up for fight night or made the already existing colitis more severe,anyway, I highly doubt he'll put his body through hell again. Won't happen. It's sad cause I thought he was gonna outclass Whittaker.

I mean, he's weighed 194 on fight night when he was a ww. Why even try to bulk at all? Just cut less weight. I don't really buy this excuse

Then IF he beats Whitaker we are in the same boat and he may not want to fight guys like yoel, Weidman or Rockhold. Remember Whitaker was a WW. Weidman, Luke and Yoel could never make WW.

Was GSP a bit too premature to give up the belt? Or has GSP made up his mind that hes never fighting at MW again? For a guy who took 4 years off, came back to a higher weight class, I thought he looked good. And I hoped to see an even more polished GSP at MW vs Whitaker.
i dont care if he fight the other guys, whittaker had interim belt when gsp picked off bisbing.
he just has to whittaker to unify and its all good.

I do think GSP has ways he can win that fight but I think more often than not Whittaker takes it. Wouldn't matter if GSP did win it though, some people on here would still say it would take one more fight before he's recognized as GOAT.

GSP isn’t going to fight again.

He’s the undisputed GOAT.

There’s nothing left to fight for.

tenor.gif

Back