What if Conor was the one fighting "zombie" Brian Ortega that night?

I think ur forgetting the many weapons the king has in his palace.

Lol, I'm sure an opponent would give him the 30 seconds it took him to set that up to.

Now watch Shogun throw his toronado kick at Arona with almost no set up, that's how it's done, haha.

Would Conor have gassed and lost? I could already see Conor dominating, Ortega coming forward, Conor gassing.
Conor post Diaz wins it. Pre-Diaz he gasses.

Stop it. Ortega doesn't land a good shot against Conor without eating 3 punches twice as hard and precise as Holloway's.

Conor is still the bigger man compared to Ortega.

Anyone who fights Conor from now on is going smother him, avoid his left, wait for him gas after 5-10, then try to knock him out when he's defenseless.

He's too predictable.

Easy to gameplan.

oh pipe down. You can have the fucking blueprint easily....it's whether you can actually implement it or not.

Ortega would not be that difficult for Conor seeing Holloway being able to stuff takedowns and take the punches.

McGregor is still the bigger man and stronger than Holloway. Faster too..

Conor is the best at sniping and accuracy. He would have easily dispatched Brian. Max is more of a punches in bunches fighter. I think Conor still beats max to be honest. The only guy who can beat Conor is his kryptonite, Khabib and only because he is so good at wrestling compared to everyone else. Saying that Conor can beat Khabib and I think if they rematch it will be a better fight, even though Conor did win a few rounds against him I think if Conor makes the proper adjustments he could win.
Conor if he dropped Brian probably wouldn't be willing to chase him to the ground to finish and contrary to popular believe (thanks to Aldo for some reason throwing a lunging hook with his eyes closed) doesn't have 1 punch KO power.

Max took his punches with no issues once already, has become much much better and applies more pressure the longer the fight goes where Conor slowes so I really don't see how you come to that conclusion either.

Conor "won" 1 round against Khabib in a round he landed like 5 more punches and even in that round Khabib landed the best punch (that cheeky little left hook counter) as well as the famous slap so I also don't see how he manages to win a rematch against a guy he basically had nothing for.

He's only had one 5 round fight. Which he won. He gassed vs. Diaz I, and lost to Khabib. Ortega isn't Khabib, he isn't going to get taken down and grinded out for 10 minutes before being able to put out any offence. As long as he doesn't head hunt like he did in the first Diaz fight I'd favour Conor.
Conor gassed out by the end of the second round in the second Diaz fight too even when he didn't throw unnecessary flashy kicks and dominated the beginning of that fight. Luckily for him Diaz never changes his style so Conor's leg kicks paid off in the later round and props for him for getting a second wind and squeaking out the 4th round for a win. But to say that post Diaz 1 Conor has noticeably different cardio is absurd.

Conor is the best at sniping and accuracy. He would have easily dispatched Brian. Max is more of a punches in bunches fighter. I think Conor still beats max to be honest. The only guy who can beat Conor is his kryptonite, Khabib and only because he is so good at wrestling compared to everyone else. Saying that, Conor can beat Khabib and I think if they rematch it will be a better fight, even though Conor did win a few rounds against him I think if Conor makes the proper adjustments he could win.
What about Nate Diaz?
<{Heymansnicker}>

Conor if he dropped Brian probably wouldn't be willing to chase him to the ground to finish and contrary to popular believe (thanks to Aldo for some reason throwing a lunging hook with his eyes closed) doesn't have 1 punch KO power.

Max took his punches with no issues once already, has become much much better and applies more pressure the longer the fight goes where Conor slowes so I really don't see how you come to that conclusion either.

Conor "won" 1 round against Khabib in a round he landed like 5 more punches and even in that round Khabib landed the best punch (that cheeky little left hook counter) as well as the famous slap so I also don't see how he manages to win a rematch against a guy he basically had nothing for.
Conor won a round and had a close 1st round, he was also doing well the 4th until.... To totally say Conor has no chance is just being a hater straight up. If you were a truth seeker and un biased you would come to the same conclusion as me. It wasn't so much of a blowout that Conor stands no chance. It would be a hard win but he could do it for sure.

Conor has serious power in his hands, even guys at hw have lots of wins by tko and they are known for ko power. Conor has stunned many opponents who were on the verge of being koed until the ref stepped in. I would say there are fighters with better one hitter power but that doesn't mean Conor doesn't have power, come on. Its obviously not just because of the Aldo fight. Conor would not stand and bang with Max, is way too elusive. Max would have to weather the early shots and wear Conor out but I see Conor getting the better of Max again. You're just blinded by your hate to admit anything positive about Conor. I'm not even a huge fan of his but I can see what is what.

Would Conor have gassed and lost? I could already see Conor dominating, Ortega coming forward, Conor gassing.

Ortega has weak takedowns, so he might get KO'd. As great as Holloway is, his power is nowhere near Conor's.

What about Nate Diaz?
<{Heymansnicker}>
Well now that Conor knows what to expect Diaz never wins again. Conor figures fighters out, those two beat him partly by element of surprise and his over confidence. Once humbled and he learns what to expect he gets better. I think KN is his only real threat.

Conor won a round and had a close 1st round, he was also doing well the 4th until.... To totally say Conor has no chance is just being a hater straight up. If you were a truth seeker and un biased you would come to the same conclusion as me. It wasn't so much of a blowout that Conor stands no chance. It would be a hard win but he could do it for sure.

Conor has serious power in his hands, even guys at hw have lots of wins by tko and they are known for ko power. Conor has stunned many opponents who were on the verge of being koed until the ref stepped in. I would say there are fighters with better one hitter power but that doesn't mean Conor doesn't have power, come on. Its obviously not just because of the Aldo fight. Conor would not stand and bang with Max, is way too elusive. Max would have to weather the early shots and wear Conor out but I see Conor getting the better of Max again. You're just blinded by your hate to admit anything positive about Conor. I'm not even a huge fan of his but I can see what is what.
Conor lost that fight 15 seconds into the first round when Khabib shot from across the cage and easily took him down, and drained out his arms.

Conor has about 15 seconds to make it happen, and Khabib has a monster chin and good defence. Good fucking luck.

Well now that Conor knows what to expect Diaz never wins again. Conor figures fighters out, those two beat him partly by element of surprise and his over confidence. Once humbled and he learns what to expect he gets better. I think KN is his only real threat.
That's pretty optimistic considering how close the second fight was.

Conor's confidence is probably at an all time low. Diaz wins the third fight.

If praised Conor many times despite my dislike of him but by a "close first round" you mean he didn't get beat up to much? He really did nothing in that fight to show me he has a chance of winning a rematch.

Max has already weathered that storm though and has become a much better fighter since then and Conor struggles under pressure and is also very hittable so I just can't see it, has nothing to do with hate.

Conor wouldn't follow Nate to the ground when he dropped him for fear of the ground game which tells me he likely also doesn't follow Brian either since he is known for getting beat up before pulling out a hail mary punch but I do think Conor could probably out point Brian, I just don't see him KOing him.
Also not really "blinded by hate" or "biased" reasoning here at all.

Ortega has(had) a great chin but he offered very little resistance to Holloways onslaught. Conor would finish him because Ortega was a human punching bag zombie. Nate Diaz was dangerous all the way to the end.

Conor McGregor is seven feet tall, kills men by the hundreds, and if HE were here, he'd consume the Ortega with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

So stop playin' around.

He would be able to take conor down and sub him.

I have nothing to add to the conversation, but I read the title as “zombie brain” instead of “zombie Brian”.

As all of sherdog knows conor was never any good, won by flukes or dives, loses every theoretical match up and probably eats children..
You guys are saltier than his haters, always on the defensive and acting like jealous ex girlfriends

Back