What If Conor fought Nick instead of Nate?

Nick is a bigger, stronger version of Nate with if at all possible, an even better chin. Pretty safe to say Conor would have had a rough night both times.

Just ffs, let's go back and pretend Mcgregor fought Nick instead of Nate at 196. A few questions,

-Would Conor have accepted a short notice fight with Nick instead of Nate at 170?

-Would the result have been much different?

-And say if he did go on to lose, would he have been "obsessed" to get a rematch with Nick?

Personally I feel if this happened Nick would of brutally TKOd him, and if a rematch did happen I don't think anything would of changed.

If this happened, no dual championships for Mcg, no mayweather fight, and he most likely would of had to go back to 145.

Just a random thought that popped in my mind so plz don't take anything too seriously, just fun to think how different things coulda changed for today and tomorow, Was Nick on suspension at that time? I would imagine Nick would of been the bigger money fight also if that was an option.
Same outcome...Conor would be 0-2

. Nick is a former Strikeforce champion (and he also beat the Pride champion Takanari Gomi, during his prime, in a non-title fight).

Nick's SF Championship is a JOKE. The WWs he fought in his Championship run couldn't beat ANYONE in SF, and they weren't good enough for the UFC. He won the belt by beating a guy who never won a SF fight (Zaromskis). He fought Cyborg, who only won one SF fight (beating Zaromskis). Then Nick beat Daley, who had a losing record in SF.

Ooooh, he beat Gomi, who looked the size of a child in there with Nick, yet knocked him on his ass. Nick was a full head taller than the Butterball Kid, and probably had 15 pounds on him (not including the fat Gomi carries around).

Nick has never beat a legit Top 10 WW EVER.

What if instead of Eddie Alvarez, he fought Cain Velasquez?

Or Shaquille O'Neal?

Gee, Connah ducked Nate's big bro to pick on the runt of the litter. What a coward. A true champ only fights people two weight classes above him.

Nick is too big for him. nick said the same about pudgy bj penn, as far as nick being a lot bigger.

Nick struggles greatly with other boxers, even if they are smaller.

KJ Noons crushed him, then in the rematch gave him a very difficult fight.

I'll give him a pass for losing to geriatric Anderson because he's one weight class up (even though this doesn't apply in the minds of Conor haters).

Nick's only chance against Conor is the Homer Simpson strategy, get his head beaten in until Conor gets tired.

It's like you guys didn't see the first couple rounds of Conor vs Nate 2, there was an absurd gap in ability.

Conor is twice the boxer now that he was then and has better cardio, I can't even imagine how badly he would embarass Nick or Nate at this point.

Conor haters are ultra desperate to try to knock his great man down a peg, really reaching here.

Nick win the first

Conor does'nt want a rematch

You said you don't think he can make LW (155) "anymore". Saying "anymore" indicates he has in the past.
I could be wrong but pretty sure he was fighting LW early on when it was 170 until it was reintroduced.

I was wrong, they started the new weight classes shortly before Nick started in the UFC. I guess almost all his opponents from his first UFC stint transitioning to LW had me confused.

Last edited:
I thought nick had many combos while Nate primarily goes with the jab and 1-2. I might be wrong but either way, enjoy this jem bro

I think the main difference is Nick hits harder (and I mean P4P)

I could be wrong but pretty sure he was fighting LW early on when it was 170 until it was reintroduced.

I was wrong, they started the new weight classes shortly before Nick started in the UFC. I guess almost all his opponents from his first UFC stint transitioning to LW had me confused.

Yep, Nick liked to fight guys smaller than he was. Most of his signature fights (Gomi, Noons, Penn) were against smaller guys.

Yep, Nick liked to fight guys smaller than he was. Most of his signature fights (Gomi, Noons, Penn) were against smaller guys.
Gomi was ranked #1 LW in the world at the time. How about Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith and Cyborg? Don't try to discredit Nick because you don't like him.

Gomi was ranked #1 LW in the world at the time. How about Frank Shamrock, Scott Smith and Cyborg? Don't try to discredit Nick because you don't like him.

I've told you numerous times. Shamrock was a shill, retired 9 years before fighting Nick, trotted out by a failing promotion as a "name" fighter to sacrifice to the fighters they wanted to promote. Frank walked into the cage with Nick with broken ribs and no intent to win.

Scott Smith? Who He? An alcoholic nobody. Name his 3 signature wins. We'll all sit here and laugh.

Cyborg? A guy who couldn't beat anyone in SF, except another guy who couldn't beat anyone in SF. Never good enough to be in the UFC, wasn't good enough to be a SF contender. Having a stupid nickname and a famous wife are the only reason you or anyone remembers him, aside from his career ending caved-in skull!

Nick fought all those numbnuts and managed to duck Heiron and Woodley.

Back