What If Conor fought Nick instead of Nate?

He really is. Ever since Nate beat Conor and the fact Nick has basically disappeared, people have been making the argument that Nate is the better Diaz.

No he isn't. Nick literally is better everywhere and bigger.
I feel like Nate is longer and more aggressive, which helps score more points while still having the same volume

Nate is bigger and equally or even possibly more durable

Nick imo has more skill and better fight IQ.

Also Nicks BJJ is elite, even better than Nate.

Conor gets subbed in both fights.

He really is. Ever since Nate beat Conor and the fact Nick has basically disappeared, people have been making the argument that Nate is the better Diaz.

No he isn't. Nick literally is better everywhere and bigger.
Nick has more tools, Nate is more effective with his tools: nate has more submission finishes.

If Conor is looking to make big money (excluding boxing fights) his path isn't complicated.

-Defend his title against whoever holds the LW interim
This is the most interesting/realistic fight here, and the one I'd like to see.

-McGregor vs Diaz 3
Chances are, McGregor wins this. The Diaz brothers are famously loathe to adapt their chosen style.

-Move up to WW and fight Woodley.
Woodley by brutal ground and pound. He could probably knock out McGregor via fake-shot-to-overhand, but Woodley fights smart, he'd take the path of least resistance.

-Super-fight with GSP
Unlikely if my Woodley prediction came true, but just for the sake of completeness. St Pierre takes him down and submits him in the first.

Retirement.

1FE4D2B0-6AF7-42AB-9BA4-032084C86122-e1486967128817.jpg
Thats a sloppy chop job

Just ffs, let's go back and pretend Mcgregor fought Nick instead of Nate at 196. A few questions,

-Would Conor have accepted a short notice fight with Nick instead of Nate at 170?

-Would the result have been much different?

-And say if he did go on to lose, would he have been "obsessed" to get a rematch with Nick?

Personally I feel if this happened Nick would of brutally TKOd him, and if a rematch did happen I don't think anything would of changed.

If this happened, no dual championships for Mcg, no mayweather fight, and he most likely would of had to go back to 145.

Just a random thought that popped in my mind so plz don't take anything too seriously, just fun to think how different things coulda changed for today and tomorow, Was Nick on suspension at that time? I would imagine Nick would of been the bigger money fight also if that was an option.

I love this delusion people have that Nick is better than Nate. Nate is a MUCH better boxer than his big brother.

And for the record, Nate is a better striker than Nick. Nick is just more durable and stubborn when it comes to being countered. And it's to be expected, considering how long its been since Nick has fought. I'm not even sure you could say Nick still has the better fight IQ.
Personally, I don't think the result would have been any different.

It's not that, it's just Nick is a more complete MMA fighter. Nate can box, clinch, and roll around great, but that's it.

It's not that, it's just Nick is a more complete MMA fighter. Nate can box, clinch, and roll around great, but that's it.

Neither one is more "complete" than the other. Neither are good wrestlers. Neither are good at defending against wrestlers. And both are weak to kicks. What separates them is Nate's boxing, and Nick's aggression.

Back