What If Conor fought Nick instead of Nate?

Just ffs, let's go back and pretend Mcgregor fought Nick instead of Nate at 196. A few questions,

-Would Conor have accepted a short notice fight with Nick instead of Nate at 170?

-Would the result have been much different?

-And say if he did go on to lose, would he have been "obsessed" to get a rematch with Nick?

Personally I feel if this happened Nick would of brutally TKOd him, and if a rematch did happen I don't think anything would of changed.

If this happened, no dual championships for Mcg, no mayweather fight, and he most likely would of had to go back to 145.

Just a random thought that popped in my mind so plz don't take anything too seriously, just fun to think how different things coulda changed for today and tomorow, Was Nick on suspension at that time? I would imagine Nick would of been the bigger money fight also if that was an option.
I would not wish that upon Conor. First of all Nick has great cardio and we've seen conor twice at 170 and he gassed out completely in the first fight and faded in the rematch. And it's not like Nate was bullying him trying to wear him out with size. Conor gassed himself out trying to knock Nate out which he couldn't. I don't think he could KO Nick and Nick COULD bully him with size. Or he could just outlast him by dragging him into the proverbial deep waters. I'm not a Conor fan nor a hater. He's great at FW and LW but he would absolutely have no business fighting Nick at 170. He just has no path to victory.

Nick would have gotten the TKO both fights
Agree 100% here. I think in the first fight Nick peppers him on his feet then beats him like Daley when Conor gasses. The 2nd fight although Conor may have better cardio this time still gets beat. Honestly probably worse the second time around.

At that point I think he stays at featherweight. Maybe Aldo gets a rematch at that point.

Nick would absolutely destroy him.

Probably won't go well for Conor, Nate is a big lightweight but Nick is a legit welterweight.

If you watch Diaz/McGregor 2 it's obvious Nick would have done so much better. The way Nate goes to the body is terribly ineffective, sloppy, and rushed. The way Nick mixes up body shots with head shots is the reason he's way more successful than Nate.

He's also bigger and has more power

I'm sure there'd be a nice memorial statue in Conor's memory somewhere near his beloved Croke Park.

I don't believe Nate could hang with Anderson Silva.

Nick is like 20 pounds lighter than Silva and honestly he was landing punches and he went 5 rounds without really taking that much damage.

He is alot better than Nate. I think Nate has really come a long way and is elite himself however.

Nate was significantly bigger than him...Nick fought at MW...can we please stop with this nonsense?

Nick is bigger and better than Nate.

No way, not even a fair fight. Freak show....might as well make Conor-Anderson for the striking exhibition.

Nick varies up his strikes and goes to the body a lot more than Nate. To say they are one and the same is just wrong. They are similar, but Nate is much more of classical boxer where as Nick is much more in your face. I think Nick would win, unless Conor fights like Carlos Condit.

i'd pay good money for this fight !

1FE4D2B0-6AF7-42AB-9BA4-032084C86122-e1486967128817.jpg

That Takanori Gomi fight was his best performance.

Nick and Nate are not that similar. They both have insane cardio and durability, great BJJ, good boxing, and not-that-great wrestling. But Nick is way more of a pressure fighter, giving the opponent zero space to work with. Nate relies more on his length, working from the outside – which is probably why Nate has found more success at 155, and why he throws more kicks than Nick. Found two random GIFs to highligt the difference: Nick really gets in your face, whereas Nate relies more on long punches.

bj-diaz-4.gif

4.gif

What gave McGregor fits in the fight against Nate was mainly two things: fighting a taller opponent with longer reach; and fighting someone that could take his best shots and keep coming. The former would have been less of an issue with Nick, but McGregors lack of cardio would have been even more of a problem with the kind of preassure and body punching Nick brings. In my opinion, McGregor would have lost quicker to Nick than Nate had he used the approach from the first fight – head-hunting is never a good idea when facing a Diaz, but even more of a risk with Nick than with Nate. However, McGregor's approach from the second fight would probably work even batter against Nick than it did with Nate. As much as I hate that fight against Condit, it showed that Nick really can't deal with someone who prioritizes keeping the distance and landing single punches.

Just ffs, let's go back and pretend Mcgregor fought Nick instead of Nate at 196. A few questions,

-Would Conor have accepted a short notice fight with Nick instead of Nate at 170?

-Would the result have been much different?

-And say if he did go on to lose, would he have been "obsessed" to get a rematch with Nick?

Personally I feel if this happened Nick would of brutally TKOd him, and if a rematch did happen I don't think anything would of changed.

If this happened, no dual championships for Mcg, no mayweather fight, and he most likely would of had to go back to 145.

Just a random thought that popped in my mind so plz don't take anything too seriously, just fun to think how different things coulda changed for today and tomorow, Was Nick on suspension at that time? I would imagine Nick would of been the bigger money fight also if that was an option.

Conor would have been pronounced dead in the cage first fight.

Nick would absolutely skull rape Conor, and this shouldn't even be up for debate.

Back