What if Bisping actually beats Gastelum at UFC Shanghai?

Short Notice Bisping is a lock. Tittle Shot what else. He's #1 contender check rankings.

LOL ppl saying rockhold, Yoel and other killers. Bisping has juice almost like Conor.

Last edited:
If he wins, her fights Rockhold or Weidman or Yoel in London.

If he loses, he fights Belfort or Machida or Uriah Hall or someone a bit lower down the totem pole. Maybe rematch Rashad Evans to get that one back. Yeah I'd kinda like to see him fight Machida or Rashad.

You make it sound like Bisping is a bad fighter and doesn't have a shot.

Bisping leap frogs ahead of Jacare and Romero no matter what they do.

Bottom line is Jacare or Romero could have asked to replace Silva and throw themselves back into the title mix, but they didn't. It was a guy coming off a loss 1 week prior that stepped up.

Why is hard to think he will beat Kelvin? Kelvins great and all but he's an inflated WW.
If Bisping pushes this into round 4 and 5 Kelvin aint keep up the pace brothas.
Dude WTF? Gastelum's best rounds are 4 and 5. He has an unlimited gas tank. They called him little Cain for a reason.

Bisping can't use that I'm just doing to wait until my opponent gasses strategy against him.

He's going to get beat up. Probably really badly.

Bottom line is Jacare or Romero could have asked to replace Silva and throw themselves back into the title mix, but they didn't. It was a guy coming off a loss 1 week prior that stepped up.
Umm... Couple things we need to put in context hear.

1. Bisping texted DW and said he wanted the fight.
2. The fight makes no sense for Romero. Guy is top 3 in rankings.
3. I'm pretty sure Jacare is still recovering from a torn pectoral muscle he got fighting Whittaker.
4. Do you understand how long it takes to get a visa to go to China? At least 3 months. UK is relatively easy because they had control of Hong Kong for so long that the had to expedite the service.

Can’t see it happening but I’m hoping. I like Kelvin but Bisping is still my boy

He will fight Matt Hamil in London in 2018 in the UFC version of the Special Olympics. The blind brit and the deaf yank. Together they make one complete man.

Damn bisping already has an opponent?
He should be at least 3 wins from a title shot.

I’d
Like him to fight jacare or Romero and if bisping wins,those 2guys should retire.

What's the point? Do you seriously think that being the no. 2 ranked guy in the division and winning fights against top fighters will get Jacare or Romero a title shot?

Jacare and Romero are incapable of getting title shots. Nothing they can do about it either.

Umm... Couple things we need to put in context hear.

1. Bisping texted DW and said he wanted the fight.
2. The fight makes no sense for Romero. Guy is top 3 in rankings.
3. I'm pretty sure Jacare is still recovering from a torn pectoral muscle he got fighting Whittaker.
4. Do you understand how long it takes to get a visa to go to China? At least 3 months. UK is relatively easy because they had control of Hong Kong for so long that the had to expedite the service.

1. Exactly, he chased the opportunity, the others did not.
2. Bisping is currently 2nd in the rankings. But Bisping and Romero are not getting title shots coming off a loss. Weidman and Rockhold both have wins and are closer to a shot than Romero. Look at it this way, if Romero asked to fight Gastelum and won, it sets up a fight against Rockhold because he has already beaten Weidman - if he beats Rockhold he gets the next shot at the belt (IMO)
3. Fair play, I didn't realise he was still injured.
4. You spelled days wrong.

1. Exactly, he chased the opportunity, the others did not.
2. Bisping is currently 2nd in the rankings. But Bisping and Romero are not getting title shots coming off a loss. Weidman and Rockhold both have wins and are closer to a shot than Romero. Look at it this way, if Romero asked to fight Gastelum and won, it sets up a fight against Rockhold because he has already beaten Weidman - if he beats Rockhold he gets the next shot at the belt (IMO)
3. Fair play, I didn't realise he was still injured.
4. You spelled days wrong.
Now way Weidman is closer. He's 1-3 in his last 4, already has a spectacular loss to Romero, and his win is not against a top 5 but top 10 in Gastelum.

Romero and Rockhold are about even but don't gets a slight not because coming off a competitive 5 round loss is to the interim champ is more impressive than beating number 7 at the time Branch.

Romero probably either gets Bisping or the GSP/Whittaker winner next. Rockhold is getting Brunson. If Jacare is healthy he fight Weidman.

Romero can most definitely get a TS coming off a loss. There is precedent for it.

Now way Weidman is closer. He's 1-3 in his last 4, already has a spectacular loss to Romero, and his win is not against a top 5 but top 10 in Gastelum.

Romero and Rockhold are about even but don't gets a slight not because coming off a competitive 5 round loss is to the interim champ is more impressive than beating number 7 at the time Branch.

Romero probably either gets Bisping or the GSP/Whittaker winner next. Rockhold is getting Brunson. If Jacare is healthy he fight Weidman.

Romero can most definitely get a TS coming off a loss. There is precedent for it.

I agree with Weidman is not close, but a win over Rockhold or Bisping makes him No.1 Contender. If, and its a big if, Bisping beats Kelvin then the top 3 are all in the W column whereas Romero and Jacare are not. UFC have match making options, but I think the mostly like is Weidman v Bisping because they are both managed by the same company and both will push for it. The winner of that fight would then have 2 wins and put them inline for a shot unless in the meantime Rockhold fights and beats either Romero or Jacare.

The only other scenario I can see is Brunson make a push but even then Brunson, Romero and Jacare have all lost to Whitaker but Bisping, Rockhold and Weidman have not. Assuming Whitaker beats GSP or GSP vacates to move down, ofc.

I agree with Weidman is not close, but a win over Rockhold or Bisping makes him No.1 Contender. If, and its a big if, Bisping beats Kelvin then the top 3 are all in the W column whereas Romero and Jacare are not. UFC have match making options, but I think the mostly like is Weidman v Bisping because they are both managed by the same company and both will push for it. The winner of that fight would then have 2 wins and put them inline for a shot unless in the meantime Rockhold fights and beats either Romero or Jacare.

The only other scenario I can see is Brunson make a push but even then Brunson, Romero and Jacare have all lost to Whitaker but Bisping, Rockhold and Weidman have not. Assuming Whitaker beats GSP or GSP vacates to move down, ofc.
You have your opinion and I have mine.

I do think that Weidman is the most favorable opponent for Bisping seeing how since USADA he'd had serious gas tank issues and isn't a KO artist. I can actually see Bisping winning a 5 round decision or later round TKO if Weidman couldn't get the job done in the first 2 rounds.

I see Bisping flat out refusing to fight Rockhold or Romero but accepting Weidman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back