What I think they should do with McGregor and Mayweather

I've thought about it a bit more. I think Mayweather takes the 4oz boxing match and the 4oz boxing with elbows - just.

But McGregor takes over when kicks are involved.

Full MMA Mayweather has next to no chance.

The smaller gloves could make a difference if Conor connected early ( 1-3 rds ).

Mayweather could NEVER win a fight with ANY mma rules at all. Even just allowing elbows. Because it’s just too foreign to him. Even if he tried to train it. He wouldn’t be able to defend against it. Even the shortest clinch and...

BOOM.

That’s all she wrote.

He will NEVER set foot in an Octagon in the UFC, imo.

Mayweather in MMA would be about as pointless as James Toney in MMA was but it'd cost a lot more money.

I don't think that's true. Toney showed up for a payday. Regardless of how well he will actually do,Mayweather will do everything It takes to win,and has all the resources he will need to go as far as he will go.

Conor and mma fans need to get over it.

Floyd spanked him and the ufc to make one more huge payday.

Conor called him out

Conor got finished

GET OVER IT.

The ufc will not pay Floyd 300 million to fight.

The smaller gloves could make a difference if Conor connected early ( 1-3 rds ).

Mayweather could NEVER win a fight with ANY mma rules at all. Even just allowing elbows. Because it’s just too foreign to him. Even if he tried to train it. He wouldn’t be able to defend against it. Even the shortest clinch and...

BOOM.

That’s all she wrote.

He will NEVER set foot in an Octagon in the UFC, imo.

Yeah, it's a tough one to decide when elbows are involved. Especially if they are allowed in the clinch.

I think they'd be less effective if clinches got broken up like in boxing.

I like it. Adding one little difference to the rules until we see the point where the straight boxer loses his advantage.

Also fun cause Conor can just finish his contract out fighting Floyd a few more times :D

I like it. Adding one little difference to the rules until we see the point where the straight boxer loses his advantage.

Also fun cause Conor can just finish his contract out fighting Floyd a few more times :D
For some reason the nerd in me wants to see where that point is.

If only there were a sub-forum for posts about McGregor and Mayweather...

Conor doesn't have the power to hurt Mayweather regardless of glove size. Being able to KO people in MMA means nothing when you step up to boxing because the levels are light years apart. It's like a fast guy in high school thinking he can hang with Olympic sprinters. By boxing standards Conor punches like a girl, the evidence is there for us all to see, it's irrefutable. Amir Khan would laugh at his best shots and walk through him like it was nothing, even in 4oz gloves.

Yeah, it's a tough one to decide when elbows are involved. Especially if they are allowed in the clinch.

I think they'd be less effective if clinches got broken up like in boxing.

In boxing it still takes a bit of time for the ref to break up the clinch. And, it only takes the blink of an eye to throw the elbow.

I just kind of assumed that if elbows were legal. They’d also be legal in the clinch. But, If elbows weren’t allowed in the clinch. That would increase Mayweather’s chances a tiny bit.

But, I still think he’d lose with anything but 100% boxing rules. Imo, his only chance would be the first scenario. Boxing rules but mma gloves.

In boxing it still takes a bit of time for the ref to break up the clinch. And, it only takes the blink of an eye to throw the elbow.

I just kind of assumed that if elbows were legal. They’d also be legal in the clinch. But, If elbows weren’t allowed in the clinch. That would increase Mayweather’s chances a tiny bit.

But, I still think he’d lose with anything but 100% boxing rules. Imo, his only chance would be the first scenario. Boxing rules but mma gloves.

I'd like to see it done with boxing and elbows.

Makes me realize how daft if would be for Mayweather to fight a full mma fight. It also makes me realize that anything he says teasing an mma fight is just PR.

Back