What I think they should do with McGregor and Mayweather

JohnOates

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Good afternoon esteemed gentlemen,

To start, Mayweather trying to create interest by teasing a mma fight is getting on my tits. He has no interest in fighting mma in the octagon cos he'd get spanked.

Also McGregor is being an arse and holding out for the biggest payday possible.

It's all a clusterfuck, but to be honest I'd be interested if they had different rule sets and changed it step by step.

First, they could agree to fight pure boxing but with 4oz in the octagon. I'd still think Mayweather takes it, but there will be enough fan boys who will be convinced the smaller gloves will make all the difference. As the fight gets closer it could be huge and people could believe that Connor has a chance.

Then the next fight could include elbows as well as boxing. This gets interesting for me...

After that, depending on the previous fight, kicks could be included too. This is where I see Connor taking over.

Finally, if people are interested there can be an full mma rules match. But probably not.

I'm as skeptical as they come. But I'd be interested in the above, just to see the difference adding weapons makes.

Anyway, my two cents. Rip it apart at will.

"They" have no control over Mayweather. He dictates anything that happens.

Fair point. Do you think he wouldn't be up for it if the money is right. I think he'd fancy his chances if it was boxing with smaller gloves, maybe even the added elbows fight.

Mayweather in MMA would be about as pointless as James Toney in MMA was but it'd cost a lot more money.

I had no interest in buying McGregor vs Mayweather boxing as it was pointless, there was only ever going to be one winner and the only thing in doubt was the round Mayweather stopped him in and how quickly Conor gassed out.

I've even less interest in them fighting in a cage or in them ever fighting in any format again, what's the point?

Conor is 29, he should be in MMA fights with MMA fighters. If he wants to piss about in celebrity boxing against retired boxers then great, the UFC should just move on without him and mugs can pay to watch him.

Mayweather in MMA would be about as pointless as James Toney in MMA was but it'd cost a lot more money.

I had no interest in buying McGregor vs Mayweather boxing as it was pointless, there was only ever going to be one winner and the only thing in doubt was the round Mayweather stopped him in and how quickly Conor gassed out.

I've even less interest in them fighting in a cage or in them ever fighting in any format again, what's the point?

Conor is 29, he should be in MMA fights with MMA fighters. If he wants to piss about in celebrity boxing against retired boxers then great, the UFC should just move on without him and mugs can pay to watch him.

Would any type of rulesets make you interested? What would you think would lead to the most competitive matchup?

The more I think of it the more I feel 4oz gloves with boxing and elbows would be competitive.

I like pure Mma too, but I'm also curious how these kinds of fights play out.

Floyd would knock Conor out in 4oz gloves

I agree with this more. I think he sussed Connor out and played with him a bit in the first fight. With smaller gloves he may not want to hang around as long.

Under boxing rules, in any circumstance, there is only one way to beat Floyd. Cheat. Otherwise sit back, take the ass kicking, and wait for it to be over.

Good afternoon esteemed gentlemen,

To start, Mayweather trying to create interest by teasing a mma fight is getting on my tits. He has no interest in fighting mma in the octagon cos he'd get spanked.

Also McGregor is being an arse and holding out for the biggest payday possible.

It's all a clusterfuck, but to be honest I'd be interested if they had different rule sets and changed it step by step.

First, they could agree to fight pure boxing but with 4oz in the octagon. I'd still think Mayweather takes it, but there will be enough fan boys who will be convinced the smaller gloves will make all the difference. As the fight gets closer it could be huge and people could believe that Connor has a chance.

Then the next fight could include elbows as well as boxing. This gets interesting for me...

After that, depending on the previous fight, kicks could be included too. This is where I see Connor taking over.

Finally, if people are interested there can be an full mma rules match. But probably not.

I'm as skeptical as they come. But I'd be interested in the above, just to see the difference adding weapons makes.

Anyway, my two cents. Rip it apart at will.
Mayweather has a better chance of beating McGregor inside the Octagon, than McGregor has at beating him inside the ring.

McGregor is not a take down fighter, so to think that he is suddenly doing to turn into GSP or Khabib, in a UFC fight versus Mayweather is short-sighted.

Khabib would spank Mayweather. McGregor has a different approach, an approach that gives Mayweather a better chance than he should have.

I am even willing to bet that McGregor will initially try his fancy kicks that do no damage, get gassed, and then resort to takedowns to try to exploit a grappling advantage. LOL

Would any type of rulesets make you interested? What would you think would lead to the most competitive matchup?

The more I think of it the more I feel 4oz gloves with boxing and elbows would be competitive.

I like pure Mma too, but I'm also curious how these kinds of fights play out.

Only possible way these two would have a "competitive" fight that would garner my personal interest would be if we had time travel technology. I'd pay to watch PRIME Mayweather vs. PRIME Conor...and only if they were both involved in the same sport. I don't particularly like or have any interest in cross-sport fighting. Prime Mayweather from Boxing would school Prime Conor from MMA if they had a Boxing match. Prime Conor would school Prime Mayweather if they had an MMA fight.

Although I still believe Mayweather would have more of an edge in MMA than Conor would in Boxing (because they are both strikers and Mayweather is arguably the best Boxer to date), I would only have -REAL- interest if they were both trained and fighting in the same sport before fighting each other. Otherwise it's really a waste of time and a spit in the face of everyone in their respective sport fighting their way up the ladder for a chance to fight them (for the title).

Mayweather has a better chance of beating McGregor inside the Octagon, than McGregor has at beating him inside the ring.

McGregor is not a take down fighter, so to think that he is suddenly doing to turn into GSP or Khabib, in a UFC fight versus Mayweather is short-sighted.

Khabib would spank Mayweather. McGregor has a different approach, an approach that gives Mayweather a better chance than he should have.

I am even willing to bet that McGregor will initially try his fancy kicks that do no damage, get gassed, and then resort to takedowns to try to exploit a grappling advantage. LOL

I agree with McGregor utilizing kicks. I can see him looking to show that mma is superior to boxing and this could be a way to do it.

I think he could keep distance and kick his way to a win. And it things get hairy he'd just take Mayweather down at will.

Only possible way these two would have a "competitive" fight that would garner my personal interest would be if we had time travel technology. I'd pay to watch PRIME Mayweather vs. PRIME Conor...and only if they were both involved in the same sport. I don't particularly like or have any interest in cross-sport fighting. Prime Mayweather from Boxing would school Prime Conor from MMA if they had a Boxing match. Prime Conor would school Prime Mayweather if they had an MMA fight.

Although I still believe Mayweather would have more of an edge in MMA than Conor would in Boxing (because they are both strikers and Mayweather is arguably the best Boxer to date), I would only have -REAL- interest if they were both trained and fighting in the same sport before fighting each other. Otherwise it's really a waste of time and a spit in the face of everyone in their respective sport fighting their way up the ladder for a chance to fight them (for the title).
Thanks for your input. I'd love to see a high level established boxer put some years into training mma and see how they do. However, without the money incentive I don't think we will see that too soon.

Don't pay either of them,just force them to fight to the death like Midevil gladiators.People need to let this stupid shit go.

Back