What has Ngannou done that is so great?

DiegoLunes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In his last fight, he had an epic knockout against a guy with a glass jaw. Other than that, what else has he done that is so impressive? I am not too familiar with this guy.

Opponent's jaw had nothing to do what he did in his last fight. Did you not see the punch that landed. Any mofo in the world that took that shot was going into orbit.

I too think he is a bit over-rated / needs time to be considered great. He is just a scary dude.

Calling Stipe taking this fight though.

I can't get this under appreciation of Overeem win. OK, guy may have a glass jaw, but he faced many dangerous strikers in the last three years (JDS, Hunt, Nelson, Arlovski) and no one managed to do what Ngannou did. It's not like he is knocked out every time he faces an opponent with a power punch

At 6'4 265 lbs low bodyfat % he looks like a guy the average Sherdogger can relate to. That's all.

He's big and scary with power. That's what he's done. That's all many fans need to a get woody.

But to be fair, that's probably all anyone needs to do well in HW. I still don't think he beats Stipe but hey... prove me wrong.

Almost decapitated 240lb men with his bare fists.

He’s relatively new to the sport, and he’s a contender.

He hasn’t done anything that is so great...yet.

Looks like he’s got a ton of upside, and if he wins tonight he’ll earn his hype.

He also does this:

Ngannou1.gif

giphy.gif

4VhLvG0.gif

So that’s pretty good.

Last edited:
He has the great honor of having a thread started for him by you.

Too much talk about this guy. Time to derail this hype-mobile.

enoughtalk.gif

6 up, 6 down in the UFC. The question is.. what more could you ask of him?

In his last fight, he had an epic knockout against a guy with a glass jaw. Other than that, what else has he done that is so impressive? I am not too familiar with this guy.

an elephant would go ko with that uppercut

Any time I've seen Ngannou fight in UFC I've been very impressed. You should watch some of his fights then you will see what the hype is about

an elephant would go ko with that uppercut

At this point the only thing I ask of him is to prove he's worth his hype. He wouldn't be the first hype train to be derailed. He also wouldn't be the first hype train to succeed.

He punched a machine harder than Tyrone Sprong did this one time...

Sloppy, telegraphed punches that still find their target since no one ever keeps their hands up. Why the hell do they throw punches from under their waistline and always stand there chin up hands down while the other guy's throwing some poor technique bum shots? You never see that in muay thai or in kickboxing (not the american karateboxing). Gunnar Nelson is a good example. He just takes shot after shot after shot straight to the chin until one shot knocks him out, and never ever tucks the chin or raises his hands to protect it. I'm sick of that shit. Big Nog vs Nelson also comes to mind as a great example. Big-bum absorbs one bum-overhand after another and never raises his hands up in the process and eventually gets flatlined. It's horrible to watch, wtf is it with these guys?

He punched that Ivan Drago thing at the UFC training place harder than anyone else. That's all Joe Rogan seems to talk about.

Back