what happens if Till is over 188lbs on fight night?

Couldn't find if the 188 limit is from the commission or from the UFC. If it's from the former, the fight is off if Till can't make it. If it's the latter, it's up to WB and his team and what the commission rules.

He could weigh 300 lbs on fight night and it wouldn't matter.
Um, no. Athletic commission would prevent fight from happening if one guy is 185 and the other is 300 on fight night.

We are going to find out, because he ain't making 188 tomorrow.

Definitely no Conor. Conor is a pro and killed himself to make 145

Um, no. Athletic commission would prevent fight from happening if one guy is 185 and the other is 300 on fight night.

I guess I was exaggerating but what's the limit then? For example I believe Conor may weigh like 180 on fight night, so therefore he's allowed to skip over a weight class during cutting. This IMO defeats the purpose of weight classes. But anyway do you know the limit? What would Conor's limit be for example? And why are fighters allowed to skip weight classes by cutting over them lol?

This is what you get for cutting an arm and a leg to make weight.

Praying that he makes 188 tomorrow.

Because it’s different this time. A 188lb MAX has be instated for Till pre-fight tmw at 1pm. What if he misses that weight? That’s the OP’s ?,and it’s a good one...

Till said "The fight's still on hopefully - I've got to weigh in again tomorrow"

sounds like the commission has put the 188 limit on it and it will be cancelled if he misses again

till said himself that 100% of his purse doesn't matter.. I bet he was banking on that alone .. Goes on to make more excuses about how 188 wasn't enough medically ..

what a shit show

I guess I was exaggerating but what's the limit then? For example I believe Conor may weigh like 180 on fight night, so therefore he's allowed to skip over a weight class during cutting. This IMO defeats the purpose of weight classes. But anyway do you know the limit? What would Conor's limit be for example? And why are fighters allowed to skip weight classes by cutting over them lol?
I can swear I heard somewhere, that athletic commission would stop the fight if there is a huge difference in weight between opponents. But can't find the exact quote anywhere. Maybe if Mighty mouse balloons to 155, he can't fight Vick, I would imagine 30-40 pounds is waaaaay huge of a difference, unless it's heavyweight, but who knows

Couldn't find if the 188 limit is from the commission or from the UFC. If it's from the former, the fight is off if Till can't make it. If it's the latter, it's up to WB and his team and what the commission rules.
In an interview Dana White said it’s completely up to wonder boy’s team.

In an interview Dana White said it’s completely up to wonder boy’s team.

Thanks for the info. I do have a hard time believing a competent commission would allow a 200 pound Till to fight, but then again, competence is often asking too much from these groups.

Oh really? My bad then. I wasn't aware of this specific rule. Thanks for setting me straight!
Same thing happened with Rumble when he came in overweight for the Belfort fight. He couldn't weigh over X amount of pounds come fight night.

They take him out back and shoot him.

Back