What happened with Jeff and UFC?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was remembering old school fighters and remembered Jeff Monson. Last fight of his I remember was the Tim Sylvia title fight.

He lost and I assumed he retired to focus on grappling. But I checked his record and noticed that his UFC record is 3 wins and 1 loss while after the Tim fight, he has had more than 40 FIGHTS!!!

Curious to know what happened between him and the UFC?

His performance against Tim was horrible first of all.

He went to Russia and is now bff's with Putin.

method=get&s=-putin-jeff-monson.jpg

Nowadays he functions as a propaganda puppet for russia.

Lets just say the thought alone that economic systems are not bound to geographical regions is too much for Monsons brain.

He functions like a two way switch. good=eastern=anticapitalist bad=western=capitalist

That he as a so called "anarchist" whorships Putin should be enough of a statement to show you his permanent brain damage (started way before his mma career).

He decided that he didn't wan't to be beholden to Dana White & The UFC.

Traveling the world, earning a good living, fighting when and where and how often you choose in the many different fighting organizations. And as an ex-UFC fighter you get treated as a major VIP in the smaller MMA organs.

Being a BIG FISH in a small pond is better than being a "scrub" and a "slave" for The UFC.
Ben Askren is treated like a KING in Asia. The Japanese (PRIDE, Rizin', etc.) have much greater respect for their fighters (and people in general). In the UFC, even when you are champion you get treated like a piece of sh*t by Dana....and called all kinds of names. If you are a top challenger.......Dana lies and lies and lies about promises of title shots.......The UFC is all about disrespect unless your name is Rousey, McGregor or Jones.

He can always say he was 3-1 in The UFC and he chose to move on to other challenges.

Last edited:
He was a strange dude, if I remember right, he was real anti capitalism

The guy is a communist. Who cares? The last I saw him he was at an anti-Trump protest getting hit in the head(don't remember if it was a fist or an object) and trying not to destroy the guy that was doing it.

I was remembering old school fighters and remembered Jeff Monson. Last fight of his I remember was the Tim Sylvia title fight.

He lost and I assumed he retired to focus on grappling. But I checked his record and noticed that his UFC record is 3 wins and 1 loss while after the Tim fight, he has had more than 40 FIGHTS!!!

Curious to know what happened between him and the UFC?
He's a communist scum

Here he is going to a decision with a 50 year old out of shape father of 4

His politics stink worse than his stand up.

He decided that he didn't wan't to be beholden to Dana White & The UFC.

Traveling the world, earning a good living, fighting when and where and how often you choose in the many different fighting organizations. And as an ex-UFC fighter you get treated as a major VIP in the smaller MMA organs.

Being a BIG FISH in a small pond is better than being a "scrub" and a "slave" for The UFC.
Ben Askren is treated like a KING in Asia. The Japanese (PRIDE, Rizin', etc.) have much greater respect for their fighters (and people in general). In the UFC, even when you are champion you get treated like a piece of sh*t by Dana....and called all kinds of names. If you are a top challenger.......Dana lies and lies and lies about promises of title shots.......The UFC is all about disrespect unless your name is Rousey, McGregor or Jones.

He can always say he was 3-1 in The UFC and he chose to move on to other challenges.
Hi Jeff

Now he's dancing to Beauty & the Beast on Russian TV, not even joking.

Back