What happened to this forum?

I feel like a lot of the posts were deleted in that thread. I didn't see anything related to the Eric Brown situation.
The link was just an interesting read for those who weren't around. The Eric Brown situation did not play out on Sherdog.

Also, I agree that the Leafs suck!

The link was just an interesting read for those who weren't around. The Eric Brown situation did not play out on Sherdog.

Also, I agree that the Leafs suck!

Thanks to you I just found some 8 year old posts of mine. Jesus christ was I ever a stupid cunt, lol.

But I still knew that the leafs suck back then.

giphy.gif

He was not chosen!

Also, What Miaou said was pretty much it. Even the "Other Forum" got a bit quiet. I haven't been there in a long time, so maybe things are different, but most moved on to a messenger group of some sort that I wasn't chosen for :*(
You're not missing out on much.

At least 50% of that chat is hocky posting vids of his cat and mildly suggestive pics of his tinder dates, and another dude posting screen caps of messages between him and his trainwreck ex.

At least 50% of that chat is hocky posting vids of his cat and mildly suggestive pics of his tinder dates, and another dude posting screen caps of messages between him and his trainwreck ex.

So just the two of them still? ;)

Ahhh, the offshoot life

The Gym Idiots thread used to be good.
I feel like the gym idiots thread became more of a bitching session for shit people didn't personally like instead of pointing out funny idiotic things that people do in the gym.

Nobody wanna lift shit anymore. Everyone is into Hot Yoga and movement....

I just went back and read the treatise that Carnal wrote and its pretty obvious that a lot of what he said back then was accepted as rule. Lift heavy, eat lots, get big. I'm not sure a new, young lifter today could relate.

I think social media has pulled people away from forums in general; YouTube, Facebook, Instagram whatever. Also the wheat to chaff ratio is probably much worse over time and people who have mastered Google can find an answer about which beginner program they should use and why they should pull sumo or curl everyday or whatever. Plus yeah when you get injured and stop making gains and you have "life" to deal with a sub-forum on a forum you mainly lurk on anyway isn't a priority.

I blame Siri, Alexa and Cortana......... the three are stronger than ever dismantling social media <Lmaoo>

People got tired of fat guys who knew next-to-nothing about combat sports turning this place into a clubhouse for assholes, by constantly telling anyone trying to bring their S&C up to par to go do some version of 5x5 until they fry their CNS and can't train the shit that actually matters.

Most of us got tired of answering the same bullshit questions over and over. It get's old.

Some of the guys responded by jumping forums. Some of us continued to post on both forums. Some of us got old/injured/busy with kids and quit training.

Two other major contributing factors were the merging of S&P and Conditioning forum. The conditioning forum was never very active, and f13 didn't care for the merger. The other was when Sherdog changed the way moderation worked. There used to be mods for specific subforums, and f13 had several great mods who shutdown trolls and stupidity. Now there is basically zero moderation here, and it lead it to this place becoming a shithole.

I agree @TheeFaulted merging the sub forums was the beginning of the end. It doesn't give people the right to be assholes, but that's the nature of anonymity.

Social media and reddit has ruined most strength forums now. It's not just this forum.

Its mirrored on all subforums. Many didnt stick around after the change from vbulletin.

Back