What happened to the Kevin Lee Hype Train?

If you have ANY PROBLEMS cutting weight, you shouldn't be fighting at that weight. A weight cut (a duck) should, at least, be comfortable. Anything beyond that is pathetic.

With a staph infection and on antibiotics.

Your posting is pathetic.

He'll be back after Tony and Khabib retire. Very athletic strong good reach and lots of room to grow at 25. Champ material even.

Doubt long term - chin will not allow for that but still many runs to the top ahead of him.

No fight scheduled and nothing to talk about. What'd you expect to see? I still believe he's going to do big things.

It hasnt gone any where. When he fights you'll see it again.

Right here motherfucker.
<JonesDXSuckIt>
@FedorGOAT, @sirmorbach
522417.jpg

<{Heymansnicker}>

It made an extended stop at Ferguson. Pretty normal for Sherdog.

No fight scheduled and nothing to talk about. What'd you expect to see? I still believe he's going to do big things.
I just don't see it at 155. If you are dying to make weight, quit ducking your true division and get into a fight, healthy.

There is no shortage of Fedor, Penn, GSP, Silva, McGregor posts when they aren't fighting. You get to the true "GOAT"s and it keeps going but what I'm wondering is if this is all just a hype game being played on us "lowly Shertards"?
Most of those threads are just negative things about those fighters or discrediting them though, especially in BJ's case.

There is no shortage of Fedor, Penn, GSP, Silva, McGregor posts when they aren't fighting. You get to the true "GOAT"s and it keeps going but what I'm wondering is if this is all just a hype game being played on us "lowly Shertards"?
Dude....it's fucking fans being fans. It's not uncommon. The Cowboys are gonna win the Super Bowl every year to some people. Who takes anything for more than what it's worth? If someone starts a GOAT thread, I don't feel the need to prove that they're wrong. You know when one is just being a fanatic versus someone making a legitimate claim. Hence, the fighters you mentioned always being mentioned in the serious threads, and the fanatical threads disappearing after the fight, win or lose. I don't think there is a grand scheme to convince "lowly sherdoggers" that there is a potential GOAT on every card.

Dude....it's fucking fans being fans. It's not uncommon. The Cowboys are gonna win the Super Bowl every year to some people. Who takes anything for more than what it's worth? If someone starts a GOAT thread, I don't feel the need to prove that they're wrong. You know when one is just being a fanatic versus someone making a legitimate claim. Hence, the fighters you mentioned always being mentioned in the serious threads, and the fanatical threads disappearing after the fight, win or lose. I don't think there is a grand scheme to convince "lowly sherdoggers" that there is a potential GOAT on every card.
Touche but you start to see the pattern of the "hype machine" in overdrive before each fight. The knock isn't on Lee but more an observation on the potential for shameless promotion by "pretend fans".

Touche but you start to see the pattern of the "hype machine" in overdrive before each fight. The knock isn't on Lee but more an observation on the potential for shameless promotion by "pretend fans".
That's what fanatical people do. I see you've only been on here for a year or so. It'll become less annoying to see after awhile. & hell, on the occasion that it gets on your nerves past that point, just enter the thread & light their asses up with logic. It's really your only recourse with those types. After a while, you barely notice it....except on the days that they're spamming "GOAT" threads & you have to tread through all of that to get to some real topics. Huggers always want company, so they elicit the like minded with their goofy threads so they can all swing on sacks in unison.

I actually like when Sherdoggers are over-passionate about up and coming fighters.
It's easy to argue for veterans, harder to argue for rookies with barely more than one big win.
Their stock can change so dramatically with a big loss.

Even if some were serious about betting on him as a future GOAT, they could still be doing that, just that they're chilling until he wins again. Nothing that odd about that. He's young.

The one thing that confused me about Lee fans was that they hyped his trash talk.
I never got that. Thought he sounded unconvincing and folded in every verbal exchange with Tony.
What happened to all of the "Keving Lee is the GOAT" guys out there?
Were there ever any serious ones?
I searched "Kevin Lee GOAT" and just found a handful of threads that seemed semi-joking or just arguing he could be potential future champ.

* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-the-goat-lee.3533503/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-the-goat-lee.3557959/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-lee-is-the-goat.3529239/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/could-kevin-lee-be-the-goat.3532309/

Last edited:
I actually like when Sherdoggers are over-passionate about up and coming fighters.
It's easy to argue for veterans, harder to argue for up and comers with barely more than one big win.

Even if some were serious about betting on him as a future GOAT, they could still be doing that, just that they're chilling until he wins again. Nothing odd about that as he's young.

The one thing that confuses me about Lee fans is that many claim he was destined to be some kind of trash talking king, the only one who could rival Conor in talking smack.
I never got that. Thought he sounded unconvincing and folded in every verbal exchange with Tony.
Were there ever any serious ones?
I searched "Kevin Lee GOAT" and just found a handful of threads that seemed semi-joking or just arguing he could be potential future champ.

* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-the-goat-lee.3533503/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-the-goat-lee.3557959/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kevin-lee-is-the-goat.3529239/
* http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/could-kevin-lee-be-the-goat.3532309/
Lee was the obvious target, as he was the last fighter that seemed to get the UFC "spin / hype" behind him, but I was referring , mostly, to the "grass roots" hype machine / bots that always seem to plague Sherdog in before any big fights. Are we getting "played" by promotional posters posing as fans?

That's what fanatical people do. I see you've only been on here for a year or so. It'll become less annoying to see after awhile. & hell, on the occasion that it gets on your nerves past that point, just enter the thread & light their asses up with logic. It's really your only recourse with those types. After a while, you barely notice it....except on the days that they're spamming "GOAT" threads & you have to tread through all of that to get to some real topics. Huggers always want company, so they elicit the like minded with their goofy threads so they can all swing on sacks in unison.
I've been a Sherdog reader for years but was only "granted" an account a year ago (I was in pending status for two years, if you can believe that). I would be interested to know how many of these posters are fanatics and how many are paid shills who are promoting the fights.

mostly, to the "grass roots" hype machine / bots that always seem to plague Sherdog in before any big fights. Are we getting "played" by promotional posters posing as fans?
I would not be surprised if there are more paid posters than we think allover the web.

Not that sherdog is a huge market, but could be enough for someone to spend a few hours a week on a few accounts.
I assume they'd also mix the obvious promo stuff with lots of other posts (just copied and rephrased opinions from others) and could get an account believable enough to avoid detection.

But I do think most seemingly paid shills are just regular fans being stupid

it died when he got humbled and cried like a bitch, and all those annoying little posters either fucked off or changed their AV.

giphy.gif

You mean all those threads about a fighter before a fight?

Yeah those usually die down after the fight.
Ya he has nothing scheduled, what is there to talk about

What happened to the sokoudjou hype train!

Back