What happened to the Kevin Lee Hype Train?

Not to mention he had a staph infection and was on antibiotics. It's like when a 23 year old Kelvin gastelum loses to tyron woodley by split decision. it doesn't hurt him much.
Forget the staph, he needs to move up to 170.

He’s still a Top LW.

I know how y’all are about excuses and y’all love to see everything in black’n’white W/L terms, but he was very sick going into his last fight, had a horrible time cutting weight, and was on antibiotics.

And he lost to the best LW in the world, to a guy with an absolutely amazing win streak.

He still deserves plenty of hype.
He’ll probably fight for the title again at some point, maybe get the strap.

I don’t like the idea of him fighting at WW.
I don’t think he’ll be nearly as effective. His game involves using a strength advantage and grappling.
If you have a problem 'cutting weight' you don't deserve sympathy... you deserve to be called a :eek::eek::eek:g for ducking the division you belong in.

Weight is a massive issue for him. Hard to see him being able to stay at 155 much longer. I think he struggles with a lot of the top 10 at WW

Most of the threads about him were hate threads. The consensus here was that he was going to get embarrassed by Ferguson.

If anything, he earned respect from some people with his performance.

There are no threads about him because he's in between fights.

The kids 25 and only 5 fights into his UFC career, sometimes a big fight to soon that ends in a loss is a good thing for a young fighter. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Lee by any means, he needs to get back to the gym and figure out that he either needs to shed some muscle or move up, weight cuts are only going to get harder as he ages. He has good subs/striking/wrestling and hasn’t even hit his prime yet. The immediate need is to work on that gas tank though, luckily that is something that can be remedied.

What happened to all of the "Keving Lee is the GOAT" guys out there? I'm beginning to think Sherdog has been hacked.

Seems like a bunch of fake accounts all "promoting" the next big fight. Does Sherdog allow "bots" or are they allowing UFC shills and trolls to take over? I could be wrong and it could all be a bunch of Shertard bandwagoners feeding on whatever scraps the UFC throws their way but it does seem a little strange.

Do you know where you are???

This is Sherdog!!

When you lose a fight here you’re overrated and a terrible fighter.

You should also drop down a weight class. Everyone who losses should move down a weightclass according to Sherdog.

He lost. In the eyes of most Sherdoggers, your hype is dead and you're reduced to gatekeeper status at best if you lose even one fight (Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Paige Van Zant, Yair Rodriguez, etc.)

What happened to all of the "Keving Lee is the GOAT" guys out there? I'm beginning to think Sherdog has been hacked.

Seems like a bunch of fake accounts all "promoting" the next big fight. Does Sherdog allow "bots" or are they allowing UFC shills and trolls to take over? I could be wrong and it could all be a bunch of Shertard bandwagoners feeding on whatever scraps the UFC throws their way but it does seem a little strange.

El Cucuy absorbed it.

giphy.gif

I guess it could depend on how sophisticated the underground marketing efforts are. For instance, if you went back to the threads promoting Kevin Lee, and saw it was largely newer accounts or ones that went silent after the fight, that would seem more like they were paid shills. If they continued to be active, it would also depend on what their typical posts were about. If they only ever seemed to be posting and promoting UFC fights, that would also be suspicious.

Really? he didn't miss weight and has never missed weight in his whole career
If you are almost dying to make weight, and he DID MISS WEIGHT, he got an extra hour to make it, you can't get anyone to feel sorry for you. First of all, fight people your own damned size and second, how can anyone who cuts weight be considered a "GOAT"? A true GOAT faces all challenges.

Even though I explained why he had a problem....
If you have ANY PROBLEMS cutting weight, you shouldn't be fighting at that weight. A weight cut (a duck) should, at least, be comfortable. Anything beyond that is pathetic.

He lost. I'm honestly more concerned about the Perry hype train, he's got a fight against a tough opponent coming up and nary a thread on him. Did platinum nation get mass banned or something?

The train "staphed"... get it? staphed? kinda like stopped...

DERAILED. Unrightfully so though. The argument could be made if kevin was healthy he would've won that fight. In a couple years I'd be hard pressed to say he wouldn't. He's still only 25. Tony's a good fighter but he's also severely overrated. He really hasn't been tested by the best of the best other than RDA who some could make the argument was too old, especially for making 155.

Back