What Happened to Testing Free Agency? Why are all these guys re-signing w/ufc?

Moose got spitroasted by both Machida and Jacare so nahhhh.
moose would beat machida in a rematch, and machida was incredibly slippery in that fight and actually most his fights.

jacare has mooses number i think.

Because Bellator is shitty that’s why. You basically are going to MMA obscurity by signing there. I never understood what the hell Rory was thinking when he did not re-sign?? If he rose to the top and became the champion he was going to make a lot of money. He was going to get incredibly famous. He felt slighted by their offer and went to the minor leagues. It was idiotic.

What happened to it is that MMA like UFC is full of hype. UFC hypes dudes up as supposed killers and this and that, while the media hype up MMA as being this huge global industry.

Plus MMA fighters are fucking full of shit anyway. Motherfuckers will never get better conditions then they got now because they're a fucking spineless bunch.

If I recall correctly Cub was removed from the UFC rankings for a short period of time, so he must have tested the market and UFC gave him the best deal.

Cause you wanna play with the "A" squad

Or do you wanna play with th "B" squad?

At the end of the day, money aside, these fighters know fighting in th UFC is where the recognition is truly earned.

I mean Bellator bred dudes that are actual killers like the Pitbull bros, Lima, Chandler, and others arent even heard of to normal people. And theyve been putting in Bellator work for a long while now and still lack respect and recognition.

At the end of the day, money aside, these fighters know fighting in th UFC is where the recognition is truly earned.

I mean Bellator bred dudes that are actual killers like the Pitbull bros, Lima, Chandler, and others arent even heard of to normal people. And theyve been putting in Bellator work for a long while now and still lack respect and recognition.

And these guys understand that if you make it in the UFC the money will be there. You have to become a star. You have to get the belt and hold the belt for a little while. But if you can rise the top and become a champion you’re going to make a lot of money. Guys like GSP Went from making 6 and 6 to millions and millions of dollars every time they stepped into the cage. It’s possible.

I really don't like him or care what the self-promoting little pleb says. He will do anything to try and stay relevant (if he ever was).
He's like the only MMA journalist worth a damn. Everyone else is complete horseshit garbage.

And these guys understand that if you make it in the UFC the money will be there. You have to become a star. You have to get the belt and hold the belt for a little while. But if you can rise the top and become a champion you’re going to make a lot of money. Guys like GSP Went from making 6 and 6 to millions and millions of dollars every time they stepped into the cage. It’s possible.

Not only that, but just mid-tier fighters too who may pursue coaching or opening a gym one day can use the marquee name in their resume forever. Its less impressive to have a gym with "some Bellator guys" there or you can say instead "some UFC guys" there sounds much better for new students wanting to train.

Basically just all round better career move

We had the two orgs with top talent thing for a long time -- it sucked

When Pride and the UFC merged, it was every fan's dream come true. Grass is always greener, I guess, but those of us who were fans then know.

I don't think those guys who jumped ship have better careers now. I think they have much, much worse careers. Not exactly inspiring.

Let's get something straight here, if the UFC wanted to pay what these leavers were asking, they would.

Obviously they were asking for too much, a lot of them are guys who are great fighters but wouldn't win a title (in the UFC), and they probably demand top dollar... UFC decided they aren't worth it.

No casual is interested in fight cards with Davis and Bader, and they asked for hundreds of thousands I'm sure because they're top 5 guys

Gus re-signed because he has basically a free walk to the title. Zabit re-signed because he needs to become UFC champ to have any notoriety, otherwise he will end up like MVP or Askren. Guys like Bendo commanded a high free market price because they were former UFC champs, and it is akin to going to getting your Phd and will see you gain much more every time you fight.

you want to warm up on cardboard boxes?
23755268_10156197215938912_6550404278165912709_n.jpg

gus wants to be the best, I bet zabit too, cub was just stupid

You say that like Max Holloway, tyron Woodley, Stipe Miocic would get recognized walking down a street.

You say that like Max Holloway, tyron Woodley, Stipe Miocic would get recognized walking down a street.

Not really, well if it sounded that extreme, then no

I mean, I seen RDA at the outlets once not too long after he won the belt from Pettis and not a single sould recognized him not even my wife. I just walked by him and nodded my head kinda acknowledging who he was, and kept about going on with his family

We had the two orgs with top talent thing for a long time -- it sucked

When Pride and the UFC merged, it was every fan's dream come true. Grass is always greener, I guess, but those of us who were fans then know.

I don't think those guys who jumped ship have better careers now. I think they have much, much worse careers. Not exactly inspiring.

Real talk, its better for fighters to all be under one umbrella(for the fans anyways)

When its multiple organizations, it gets messy and hard to keep track of events, fighters,. Hell its already kind of difficult just keeping up with UFC itself.

Back