What happened to Mike Dolce?

His fighters made weight 99% of the time but Lockhart's clients fail to make weight, regularly. Some like Holloway are constantly pulled out of fights because of health reasons. Their track record favors Dolce greatly but for some reason he doesn't work with MMA athletes except a few, so that favors Lockhart.

We're only speculating but I believe he was better than Lockhart at his job.

honestly Dolce is a great salesman/marketer. I actually really respect the hustle despite the bro science. He literally came from a TUF reject with zero future in fighting into creating a well known brand for himself. His approach might be really blunt, but he knew exactly what he was going.

It's not a coincidence that he shamelessly plugged himself every chance he got at weigh in's, media events and embedded episodes wearing his stupid Dolce Diet t-shirt. He basically used the UFC as free air time for his brand. And it ultimately worked out, now he just sits at home and sells his diet book and posts Instagram videos.

This. To me, it's pretty clear he knew early on that he was going to gear more towards the mainstream population. He was essentially creating his brand through the fighters.

I do get a laugh out of the people that actually go for his products. Some people are really gullible.

His last well known collaboration was BJ vs. Frankie III in which BJ gave less than glowing reviews. Motivated critic BJ ruined Dolce. BJ said he was useless and unmotivated

Penn hasn’t been credible since Edgar 1. Even before that he was always haunted by the stigma of being a privileged, naturally gifted fighter. This wouldbe like Johnny Hendricks negatively criticizing his nutritionist (which I think he has) when he’s a blob off-season

It´s important to punch yourself in the liver before every workout, as it releases powerful neurotoxins that will elevate your training to the MAX. Also, very important when having er, metime, hold it, blueballs will keep all the testosterone in and ready to go for lean muscle building when hitting the weights. All tips from the master himself, #BrolceKnowsBest

Mike Dolce was involved with the old UFC branded home MMA workout program (UFC Fit). But I think he now doesn't have anything to do with the UFC Performance Institute.

Well, given that it is run by educated and trained professionals, I doubt he is welcome.

he became so thin using his method that he vanished into thin air

I think he spent more time working on his 'surprised' face when people missed weight than actually working on them making weight.

Also this put him out of business:

giphy.gif

He got picked up by Dolce & Gabbana
D level fighters aren’t worth his time anymore

Back