What happened to Ian Entwistle??

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Always a fan of leg locks but - this dudes career...

What the hell?

I know he's not hugely well known but - had three fights in the UFC.

Moved to Thailand to become a full time professional - missed weight after a loss where he couldn't finish a heel hook - then disappeared.

There's not that many guys that really chase the heel hooks - he was one of them.

I'm looking for the Eddie Cummings of mma - and I can tell you right now it won't be Gary Tonon.

Anyone know - what became of this guy?

"Entwistle was expected to face Brett Johns on 18 March 2017 at UFC Fight Night 107.[17] Entwistle missed weight at the weigh ins coming in at 139lbs, 3lbs over the bantamweight limit of 136lbs. He forfeited 20% of his fight purse to his opponent. The following day, Entwistle's medical clearance was revoked following a trip the hospital and the bout was canceled.[18]

In May 2017, Entwistle was released from the company and later announced his retirement from MMA competition."

cut

giphy.gif

From what I remember, he nearly killed himself cutting weight and called it a day, since the sport wasn't worth dying over.

Btw what happened with Johnny Hollywood Case? He’s a LW and had a few good fights, liked his style.

Why didn't he move up then? Him vs Ryan hall would have been epic fight

Alejandro Perez made him rethink his life.

I just watched back his fights.

I'm pretty sure actually - he didn't know how to finish a heel hook properly.

Back