What happened to drew mcfedries?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I remember this dude having a reputation for brutal punching power that no one wants to spar him in pats gym. That and a tragic story of his mother getting murdered.

I wondered what happened to him and how he is doing now?

Man he hit just comically hard.

McFedries Vs Sakara is in my top 5 favorite fight ever.

There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Savage puncher..

10ifhax.jpg

drew-mcfedries_jordan-radev.gif~c200

thank you. this was one of my favorite fighters to watch while he was in the ufc, ridiculous power, very unorthodox style, always went for the kill from the get go. now his ground game was atrocious but damn were his standup exchanges exciting. Last i saw he had some lackluster fights in some B lvl org.

......who?
He was basically leaving the UFC as you started watching MMA, as I assume you joined Sherdog around the time you started watching? He last fought in the UFC in September 2009 at UFC 103.

He was basically leaving the UFC as you started watching MMA, as I assume you joined Sherdog around the time you started watching? He last fought in the UFC in September 2009 at UFC 103.
I started watching in 06 my friend

I could be wrong but I remember him having Crohn's disease? Must seriously mess up your ability to perform as a fighter.

I saw him at the Davenport Target on Elmore Avenue with some hot chick 5-7 years ago. He looked like he was doing fine.

Surprising you could forget a guy like McFedries, who fought some named guys like Patrick Cote, Maritn Kampmann, Marvin Eastman and Thales Leites during his UFC run. Literally 1 fight in his whole career went to a decision. He was either knocking you dead or probably getting subbed.

9 UFC fights.

Do some back watching man - you can get it all on torrent these days or find sites to stream old UFC and Pride events for free - you're missing out on so much by not going back to the golden 2001-2005 years.

I'd give all the Conors, Sages, and Ronda in the world for one more Pride Final Conflict or UFC 92.

definitely a supporter of that guy, he's a killer.

dude was a staple of UFC unleashed on spike back in the day

I like the Robbie Lawler comparison.. very similar striking style

He was fun to watch but one-dimensional. Patrick cote ended his short winning streak. One of his most memorable fights was against Kampman, who he was smashing, until he was taken down and finished with an arm triangle .

Back