what goes through your head before you fall asleep?

I usually calculate how many hours of sleep I will get before I have to wake up. And then I get sad because I realize I fucked up and should have gone to sleep earlier.

Your brain is such a good working machine and only thinks what you put inside of it on the daytime...

The color black. pure black...

Just the constant sound of ringing, like there's a fire alarm going off in my skull

When I close my eyes, my mind is still racing, so I have to have the TV on to occupy the space. That's the only way I can get to sleep in a normal timeframe. Otherwise I'd lay there for an hour trying to sleep and I'd be miserable.

I think about what a horrific place this is.

It's been done already in this thread but I fall asleep faster than anyon.........zzzzz

Drafting a novel at the moment. So, I usually just play out whatever scene I know I have to write next in a few different ways, trying to find something good.

Then I usually fall asleep, and hope that if I came across something good that I remember it in the morning.
Good times. Though often if I would think of a good quote or detail or something I'd have to get up and write it down in case I forgot.

Sure beats thinking about random existential dread, which is how I lull myself to sleep these days.

Back