What fighters truly dedicate their life to the sport?

Who knows? Who cares?

It’s more impressive when someone can party, not be fully dedicated and still win.

It's really hard to say what any of these guys do in their down time

Conor certainly look like he gave it all in the beginning of his career

Of course there is the money but gsp certainly doesn t strike me as a guy for whom it is all that matters.

Now my answer is Zabit. Dude was put in a sanda school since age 10 ffs.

He must be really good at showing sanda floor.

The ones who get CTE and can't compete without PEDS. Also the ones that dieded.

The only one I can think of is GSP.

While most fighters live clean during fight camp, as soon as the fight is over they start eating shit, go clubbing and get drunk to celebrate their win or forget their loss. While someone who is completely dedicated would be taking an ice bath and be back in the gym within a few days if they aren't hurt bad. Makes me wonder if isn't a coincidence that almost all the UFC champions are family men who probably don't party much anymore

Basically which fighters are on that Bernard Hopkins lifestyle?

Gary Goodridge :(
And Krimbo

I give props for the dudes that hold down a real job, and are able to compete against even beat guys that just rely on fight pay to live/pay bills.

Not sure how many hours Stipe is putting down a week/month but he has a job and isnt relying UFC to cover his retirement or families insurance.

Not sure why, but the first person to enter my mind was Shogun.

Then Hunt.

So youre saying like the opposite of Cowboy Cerrone?

Randy Couture... Pioneer... Two Division Champion. Lot of people in the sport because of him.

Every fighter who wins the championship in the best promotion and goes on to defend against number 1 contenders multiple times. If you are not disciplined and dedicated, you can't defend the belt multiple times.
So, Brock Lesnar.

Am I the only one who thinks you would have to be kind of an idiot to dedicate your life to cage fighting?
Depends on your point of view. Most people work jobs they hate and die with so many regrets. Gaethje seems like the type who'd prefer CTE in the future over dying with regrets. But who knows.

Am I the only one who thinks you would have to be kind of an idiot to dedicate your life to cage fighting?
If that's what someone truly wants to do and dedicate all their being to it, more power to them. Everyone finds fullfilment in different things in life. MMA isn't the safest job but to each their own.

Jones is so dedicated he sleeps under the cage

Nick has made it explicitly clear that he is more committed to marijuana than to MMA.
You might think it’s a joke but some people really need marijuana to help treat certain conditions such as anxiety, ADHD, and other medical conditions.

Back