What fighters truly dedicate their life to the sport?

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only one I can think of is GSP.

While most fighters live clean during fight camp, as soon as the fight is over they start eating shit, go clubbing and get drunk to celebrate their win or forget their loss. While someone who is completely dedicated would be taking an ice bath and be back in the gym within a few days if they aren't hurt bad. Makes me wonder if isn't a coincidence that almost all the UFC champions are family men who probably don't party much anymore

Basically which fighters are on that Bernard Hopkins lifestyle?

Last edited:
Diaz bros

All the other fighters ain’t bout dat life.

Poirier comes to mind. He's pretty much been fighting since out of high school.

Sherk would take one week after a fight to eat pizza and drink mountain dew then it was back to baby food

There are many I’m sure. But GSP would be a great example of a guy that dedicates his life to martial arts. Even during his hiatus. He never stopped training. And he’s done so much promotional work for the UFC in the past. He’s just a great ambassador for martial arts training.

But I’m sure there are many.

They dedicate their life to the money and in order to make the big bucks you must be good that is where the dedication comes from.
Everything is money driven

Gaethje dedicates his life every time he gets in the cage.

DC and Ferguson comes to mind, these guys are always training fulltime and DC in particular runs his own camp

there are tons of photos of GSP in da club.

and a few of them look like mostly male clubs...

Bernard only has one brain cell, though it's a good one. And when you only have one brain cell, you had best look after it.

Shogun knew what he was going to do even at a young age.

Am I the only one who thinks you would have to be kind of an idiot to dedicate your life to cage fighting?

They dedicate their life to the money and in order to make the big bucks you must be good that is where the dedication comes from.
Everything is money driven

Of course there is the money but gsp certainly doesn t strike me as a guy for whom it is all that matters.

Now my answer is Zabit. Dude was put in a sanda school since age 10 ffs.

Every fighter who wins the championship in the best promotion and goes on to defend against number 1 contenders multiple times. If you are not disciplined and dedicated, you can't defend the belt multiple times.

Back