What fight would bring the biggest PPV in UFC history ?

GSP's last fight did almost 900k buys. Casuals dont give a fuck about him? Yeah ok.

Its also about rivalries. Before the COnor fight if Nate Diaz headlined a PPV it wouldnt have done even 300k buys but with Conor it broke records.

Same with Khabib. The heat between them, the clip of Conor getting arrested and throwing the dolly, that shit sells a fight. That would be a big fight.
Ok true. I may have overstated when I included GSP in that statement, but I bet that was more older fans wanting nostalgia and not casuals. But it still stands that casuals don’t care about Khabib or Woodley.

Conor losing against Mayweather and not fighting MMA in a couple years is cutting his popularity, but any fight he has will be big because people will want to see if he still has it when/if he returns.

Ok true. I may have overstated when I included GSP in that statement, but I bet that was more older fans wanting nostalgia and not casuals. But it still stands that casuals don’t care about Khabib or Woodley.

Conor losing against Mayweather and not fighting MMA in a couple years is cutting his popularity, but any fight he has will be big because people will want to see if he still has it when/if he returns.

Casuals didnt care about Nate Diaz either until he fought Conor. Like I said, Conor/Khabib in the fall will probably break UFC's PPV record based on teh heat around them.

Maybe 5 years ago when fans still bought PPV. Nowadays you need mass casual appeal to break PPV records and the casuals give 0 fucks about Woodley, Khabib and GSP.
I disagree. Fans will still buy it if the card is stacked. It's all the cards with one recognizable matchup and a bunch of filler that keep fans from buying it.

I put these fights out there trusting that they would be wise enough to stack the undercard with other headlining type of fights. If they put any one matchup and fill out the rest of the card with unrecognizable junk then all bets are off and they won't break the record with their 'boxing' model of ppv. Raising the price also further impaired their own ability to break their own ppv records as well.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
Casuals didnt care about Nate Diaz either until he fought Conor. Like I said, Conor/Khabib in the fall will probably break UFC's PPV record based on teh heat around them.
They didn’t care but they do now. A rubber match would be the bigger selling point. I say this forgetting that Khabib is holding one of the flimsiest paper belts ever. Conor reclaiming “his belt” would probably outsell anything at this point.

Back