What excuse does MM have now not to fight TJ?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If TJ agrees to move down in weight?

MM should move up. He's scared to lose that FlyW belt and end his streak.

They should make the FW belt 1/10th the size of the HW strap

The "TJ will miss weight" excuse is still there in that case no?

All i know is MM needs to move to Anaheim and re-brand himself.

The "TJ will miss weight" excuse is still there in that case no?
That is a real weak one as that is a risk with any opponent. Has TJ ever not made weight?

Plus if TJ did miss weight MM would get 25% of his purse and be fighting a depleted TJ who would have went thru a horrid weight cut. It would be his best chance to beat him and send him back up for good. Only downside is he would not get a defense but he can pile those up in his weak division until he retires.

“UFC needs to pay me 5 million to fight TJ”

This is dumb. Defend your belt. This instant title shot crap is just dumb. Beat Cruz and Garbrandt in a rematch and then we can talk. Challenging for belts in 2 divisions should be a privilege someone earns through hard work and dedication.

MM asked for Garbrandt and was told Borg was his only option. He signed to fight Borg then the UFC brought up the TJ fight publicly. When MM asked for what he thought were fair concessions, the UFC and threw him under the bus and said he ducked. I'd tell the UFC to fuck off on that fight without my terms being met.

MM asked for Garbrandt and was told Borg was his only option. He signed to fight Borg then the UFC brought up the TJ fight publicly. When MM asked for what he thought were fair concessions, the UFC and threw him under the bus and said he ducked. I'd tell the UFC to fuck off on that fight without my terms being met.

when did he ask for Cody? Garbrandt was filming TUF opposite of TJ then injured his back so the UFC wanted MM/TJ for a potential August 19th event.. MM wanted a gimme, then Borg ended up pulling out a day before UFC 215, same thing he did to McCall, and 2 other times due to injury, plus missing weight twice on top of only being on a 2 fight win streak, but somehow he was the only option in MM's head when literally any other fight would've made more sense..

The excuse is MM doesn't want to take the high risk fight. His fans make up reasons but this is also why they don't wanna see this fight.

One of those guys would get the best win of their career at the end of the fight. Id rather see this fight than MM vs anyone currently in the FLW division.

Sherdog from 2016 and forward:

duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duckduck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck

MSgZL.gif

“UFC needs to pay me 5 million to fight TJ”

He has already accepted the high likelihood of a loss to Dillasnake and wants retirement-level money. It makes sense.

Has TJ ever not made weight?

Plus if TJ did miss weight MM would get 25% of his purse and be fighting a depleted TJ who would have went thru a horrid weight cut. It would be his best chance to beat him and send him back up for good. Only downside is he would not get a defense but he can pile those up in his weak division until he retires.
Has TJ ever fought at FlW? No, he hasn't. Even if he can make BW consistently, it does not mean he can make FlW. Getting 25% of his purse is probably not a great selling point either, it would be an unfair fight as TJ would be significantly bigger than MM.

I want MM to fight TJ but for MM not to have a single excuse, TJ needs to prove/do a test cut and show that he can make the weight. If he does that there is literally nothing MM can use as a valid excuse and he either has to fight TJ (and most likely lose) or forever be known as the worst and most chicken champ in the UFC.

TJ clearly violated manlet code.

Section 1
Rule 4a. Never pick on another manlet unknown to you.

Has TJ ever fought at FlW? No, he hasn't. Even if he can make BW consistently, it does not mean he can make FlW. Getting 25% of his purse is probably not a great selling point either, it would be an unfair fight as TJ would be significantly bigger than MM.

I want MM to fight TJ but for MM not to have a single excuse, TJ needs to prove/do a test cut and show that he can make the weight. If he does that there is literally nothing MM can use as a valid excuse and he either has to fight TJ (and most likely lose) or forever be known as the worst and most chicken champ in the UFC.
No he has not fought FLW but you are making too big a deal of it. There are guys who fight at FLW who have actually failed to make weight in that division prior but whom DJ has fought despite there being no guarantee they will make weight.

You are putting way too much value on the idea that there needs to be a guarantee. TJ is a professional who I don't think has ever missed weight and if he thinks he can make the cut based on him knowing how easy or hard his current cut is let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

And it's MM choice to say no if TJ does not make weight. If.TJ is only missing by 0.5 -1 lbs and he was killing himself trying to lose that last bit then DJ.would be dumb not to take it as a bad cut is.debilitating and will hurt TJs performance. If TJ just gives up and shows up way heavier than MM can simply say no. It's not like the same risk does not exist and it does not happen with fighters currently missing wight in their own division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back