@White
Reaction score
Hi there,

Doing once a week Thai boxing.

What brand, size and type you would suggest for:

1. Gloves
2. Hand wraps
3. Guard cup shorts

There are different brands, a few of them are expensive is that me paying for the brand or quality? can I get the same quality with not the well-known brand, as I am a newbie on brands for this sport, any help appreciated.

What else is missing?

Regards

I sell gear for this so i will regrain from commenting on comparisons but you are missing one thing
Shin guards
And at once week use a plasticcup no need for a good cup for one session a week if you get up to 3-5 a week look into a steel or fibrecarbon cup

shin guards, and maybe headgear.

Ideally you should have bag gloves as well, hitting the bag will wear and tear your gloves, and its not good to slam those in the faces of your training partners.

Mouth piece
Head gear
Shin Guards

I also sell gear, so I don't want to be too specific, but in many cases the higher priced brands actually are top quality.

Picking the right equipment, however, is often more a matter of preferences and body type. For example, some people want gloves that are super protective, and don't care much whether they can feel the placement on their knuckles. Other people want padding that they can put their knuckles right through for more of a fun feel and feedback. At the same time, different shaped hands will fit different brands better than others.

There is no best glove, only the best glove for you.

Back