What does the left want?

That debate with Vidal was very important at the time. You just don't see debates of that caliber on tv any more.

We're def going through some growing pains at the moment. A lot of class warfare and division. Middle and working class folks being brainwashed to fight and hate one and other. I don't want to sound like a nutter but as the working classes are fighting the corporations are becoming more powerful and hoarding more wealth and working classes won't point the finger in the direction of the real enemy.

You don't sound like a nut, you're describing exactly what you see in front of you. It's happening before your very eyes. The ones who have trained themselves to ignore it are the crazy ones. I don't know how people miss it.

Culture war shit is a divisive waste of time. Who cares if gays can get married and women can be president if the earth is totally polluted and everyone but a dozen people is poor as a 50AD era Roman plebeian??

I want a meritocracy but let's not let the whole world fall down around us to get it

Last edited:
I've acknowledged In The Name Of being way too overly religious, but as I recall he wasn't calling for the killings of Muslims. Other than that (which I never even saw before until you brought it up) he's always been a good guy to me and said reasonable things. Probably explains why I didn't say anything to him.
You don't have to call for genocide to be calling for ethnic cleansing. He was calling for the forced deportation of all Muslims. If you think that's not extreme but equating Islam and Christianity is then I don't know what to tell you. He's also dishonest and overall a slimy individual.
Everything I've seen from Goonerview is about Islam, and for the most part from what I've seen I agree with him. He's angry, but I think a lot of what he says is correct. Mostly the threads he's started as of recently. Same goes for Space.
They're both low tier posters who can only regurgitate what others say. Neither is smart and they say dumb shit all the time.
Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the people I listed? Jack, Fawlty, Falsedawn, KONG, Rational Poster, and Possum Jenkins as well? Do you think they're reasonable?
JVS is smug but he's smart and makes some great posts when he's commenting on threads related to his specialty

Fawly and Falsedawn can be assholes, especially as of late, but they can make informative posts as well so I give them leeway for that. Fawlty can change his mind so I respect that. He and I were supposed to debate about whether it was wise to put boots on the ground against ISIS in the WRDL thread abut he ended up admitting that he can reconsidered given how everything was unfolding.

KONG and Rational, off the top my head, mainly get into partisan shit flinging so I can see what you're saying there

Possum Jenkins can too but he can also make decent posts.

Context bro

The Founding Fathers were the original liberal progressives. Lincoln liberal progressive, fdr, tr, jefferson, washington.

pretty all liberal and progressive compared to the rest of the world. Compared to today, nah. But its called the progression of history.

"History doesn't repeat itself, it rhymes" mark twain. Think about it.
Well I never denied that but my point was its not crazy to deem some of the views of the Founding Fathers as extreme. Even he knows that which is why he had to exclude the obviously anachronistic aspect of their life(i.e. slavery).

You're alright, so I'm not trying to start a war with you, but if I do a cursory search through your posting history, do you suppose that I will find you doing the same thing and generalizing or "lumping" all Right wingers and conservatives, or not? Because I suspect that I will.

I also don't think it's that great an error, because we're speaking in general terms. I think his statement has some hyperbole, and I think substituting progressivism in place of the more general Left would be more accurate, but we can't deny the violence and intolerance that we're seeing from this faction.

You shouldn't take it personally. Just because you happen to fall on the Left, and progressivism is a faction within the Left, it doesn't necessarily mean the criticism is aimed at you. Unless of course you agree with progressivism, in which case it's a whole other story.

The same can be said for Right wingers and the Alt-Right ethno-nationalist faction. I think it would be a mistake to say that the Right is filled with racists, but if you say the Alt-Right has racist elements, I wouldn't say you're wrong.

I'm starting to believe that in this post-Trump era, we've outlived the need for a Left-Right dichotomy just because things are so much more complex.
SEE this is bullshit, why do we care only about white racism??

How come no one ever talks about black and latino racist being part of the left?

SEE this is bullshit, why do we care only about white racism??

How come no one ever talks about black and latino racist being part of the left?

I was making a greater point and only used that as an example. In reality, there is more open racism from groups like BLM and progressives than the entire Right, let alone the Alt-Right. No one really believes the Right is comprised of white supremacists.

It's really quite simple; the left want their cake and to eat it too. They want to pretend they're tolerant and open minded but they also want to jail the rest of humanity who doesn't enable their sadistic, hysterical, narcissistic personality disorders. True scum of the highest order.

We want your blood right wingers Muhahaha

Cuckservatives crying more than SJW's these days. It's all i see.
Interrupting a play lol. Triggered.

Jack seems OK in my view, interesting well written posts, seems be well educated.
Fawlty is more of a joke poster I guess, I find him to be funny.

Rational Poster is a little too SJW for my tastes.

I don't really remember about the others.

Sounds like someone on my ignore list is still shit-talking. The thing that strikes me about these guys (whichever it is) is that they are a waste of time because they lie constantly. I'm happy to defend my actual points, but when the discussion is just, "you believe X," when X is something I've never said and don't believe and then they want to argue about whether I secretly believe it anyway, it's not interesting or fun. And what's ironic is that they love to accuse others of dishonesty for simply disagreeing with them (and being right!). I'm extremely scrupulous about getting stuff right so if I ever make an error, I'm happy to find out and fix it. But they can never actually back up their accusations.

And Fawlty is a great poster. Smart, funny, and appears to be fundamentally decent. He's just the devil--like I am--to right-wing creeps because he holds a mirror up to them and they don't like it. RP is solid, too.

I was making a greater point and only used that as an example. In reality, there is more open racism from groups like BLM and progressives than the entire Right, let alone the Alt-Right. No one really believes the Right is comprised of white supremacists.

See, this is a good example. BLM isn't even a group. And the alt-right is entirely racially driven. That's what makes it the "alt" right.

Sounds like someone on my ignore list is still shit-talking. The thing that strikes me about these guys (whichever it is) is that they are a waste of time because they lie constantly. I'm happy to defend my actual points, but when the discussion is just, "you believe X," when X is something I've never said and don't believe and then they want to argue about whether I secretly believe it anyway, it's not interesting or fun. And what's ironic is that they love to accuse others of dishonesty for simply disagreeing with them (and being right!). I'm extremely scrupulous about getting stuff right so if I ever make an error, I'm happy to find out and fix it. But they can never actually back up their accusations.

And Fawlty is a great poster. Smart, funny, and appears to be fundamentally decent. He's just the devil--like I am--to right-wing creeps because he holds a mirror up to them and they don't like it. RP is solid, too.

See, this is a good example. BLM isn't even a group. And the alt-right is entirely racially driven. That's what makes it the "alt" right.
It is KONE.

I don't have an ignore list lol although some people deserve it

Fucking troll thread.... Probably a Russian "Patriot"

a bit of hyperbole

when it comes down to it, leftists are idealists and right leaners are pragmatists/realists.

they want what every extremist on either side of the spectrum wants. . . To get laid, but since that isn't happening anytime soon we get these loons lashing out at everyone.

It is KONE.

I don't have an ignore list lol although some people deserve it

Good examples from today:

Immigration is kind of a big one.

I live in the US, and we went from like 9 million to 50 million on foodstamps. Over the last 8 years. Do you think our number of people who just can't possibly work went up 6 fold in 8 years?

Food stamp usage at the start of 2009 was about 33 million. And we were in a recession (and thus the use could have been predicted to rise, not because of an epidemic of lazy kids, but because lots of people lose their jobs in recessions). It then peaked in 2013 at under 48 million, and it's now at about 42 million and falling.

What was I wrong about? There wasn't a record high of 48 million people on SNAP in 2013?

And it continues. And here's another one:

He lost the popular vote by about 400,000.

Hmmm. Well, that's a real kick in the dick for Democrats. Too bad, so sad California. Your votes didn't count.

And the troll you're responding to had "Donald Trump has never lied" as his title. The defining feature of these people is that they do not care at all about getting things right and indeed seem to enjoy just blatantly lying.

And the troll you're responding to had "Donald Trump has never lied" as his title. The defining feature of these people is that they do not care at all about getting things right and indeed seem to enjoy just blatantly lying.

A Democrat whining about people lying. That's awfully rich (especially these days).

A Democrat whining about people lying. That's awfully rich (especially these days).

What the heck are you talking about? Show me one time you've ever seen anyone here who isn't a right-winger lie as blatantly as you did.

Back