What does Gus mean by "the biggest deal of my career"?

Gus probably got a 6 fight deal worth 1.5 million a fight including rebook and PPV share. He is really only viable champion now that Daniel is a HW and JBJ is in limbo. He is worth it.
no way he takes that deal if it INCLUDES the Reebok money.

Dat Rebook money would be the bonus extra aside or gravy.

He needs to stay at hwt. He defended the belt in January. Hard to imagine him fighting soon after hwt bout. I don’t like titles being held up.

Well, you gotta look at it this way. DC, regardless, won't be fighting that much longer.We don't know what's going with Bones and let's say he's back sooner than later.......he screws up again, he's done.The 205 division is, unbelievably , shallow so going through all the forememtioned- how can you not sign Gustafsson.Becauze of Bisping and how they handled Mousasi situation, we were robbed of some great fights including a collision course between whitaker and gegard

Interiiim.

Daniel said that he's not coming back down, or was this just a rumour?

not sure. maybe we all just assumed he'd stay at hw, since we know how difficult it is for him to make lhw. but just the other day he said this (karen bryant asked DC if he beats stipe, would he stay at hw or defend his lhw belt?):

"because the 205 division would have been waiting for awhile, i'll go back to 205 and defend that belt."

but then he added:

"unless a really really big fight presents itself at heavyweight."

watch

more money per fight? better perks?

Im guessing he's "rich biiiiiiatch"

I almost feel sorry for Gus. He's came so close on two occasions then had the devastating loss the AJ. He's a better fighter then his record may let on.

Is the guy on the right the dude who got Miesha pregnant?

He just said he's done at 40 which leaves him 9 months after the Stipe fight. If he beats Stipe you'd assume he stays at HW but if he loses then maybe 1 more at LHW. He's looking like he's put on a lot of weight though so maybe it's not going to be so easy to get rid of it in time and make 205 again?
I thought he mightve consider staying till 41. I think I heard him say 41 in a interview. Gus said he wanted it just because he doesnt know when DC will be back or if he'll be back. DC assured Gus hed be coming back to lhw and to not worry in the fox interview. If he loses devastatingly he'll go down to lhw and fight gus but if he loses competitively idk what goes from there considering dc hates losing and if he wins he'll campaign for the brock fight and then fight gus.

I thought he mightve consider staying till 41. I think I heard him say 41 in a interview. Gus said he wanted it just because he doesnt know when DC will be back or if he'll be back. DC assured Gus hed be coming back to lhw and to not worry in the fox interview. If he loses devastatingly he'll go down to lhw and fight gus but if he loses competitively idk what goes from there considering dc hates losing and if he wins he'll campaign for the brock fight and then fight gus.

Pretty sure he was saying 40 in a recent one (3 months ago), here https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/...ets-hard-date-in-2019-for-retirement-from-mma

“Come March, I will have 12 months, at max, left,” Cormier said Monday on The MMA hour. “I’m going to be done by March 20, 2019. I won’t be fighting again.”

Maybe that'll change. I'm just thinking about how hard he was claiming it was to drop from HW to LHW the first time he did it and that he might not want to do it again for 1 or maybe 2 fights when he could probably make more money at HW.

Good seeing Gus getting that GSP / Wanderson Silver / McConor-money.

Back