What does Gus have to do...

finish Jones instead of trying to outpoint him.

had he gone for the kill earlier in their first fight he could've done way more damage. Jones was having a hell of a time trying to nullify his offense.

Same thing he did last time... Survive all 5 rounds and win by points this time ... I don't see Gustafson knocking him out or submitting him... The only way is to win by points imo. He nearly did it last time..

Punch him in the face and don't get hit by spinning shit.

Gus is gonna have to fight a lil dirty in this one I think, make it ugly

a few more of these
dmgsb2n.jpg

First two replys nailed it. And I like Gus.

Pressure. Significant strikes. Its highly unlikely he will beat Jones on points, throw the kitchen sink and then some at him.

Gus has to outbox him. Jon Jones deserves to be the favourite but his boxing at distance is actually not that great despite all of the talk of his reach. His reach is good for his elbows but his punches don't tend to land from range.

T/KO, submission, or have a higher total on the judges scorecards for a decision.

Just keep pushing, if he can land the same kinda offense he did last time I see him being more successful this time around. The cheat has relatively been outta the game and who knows if he’s off the juice or not but MMA doesn’t wait around. Go spark him early send the message you’ve been talking about since the first fight, send him back to the ER

But Gus hasn’t exactly stayed active.

They’re gonna walk out and double KO, belt goes back to double champ DC

Gus must sacrifice everything and sail to Valhalla with Jones.

To defeat Jones this time around?
win.....
On a more professional level hell need to shut does jones offense. Jones thai boxing is his bread and butter and is very effective on smaller guys which makes the gus fight hard for him. Establishing a strong jab should be the first thing he looks to do. From there he needs to keep the pressure up so jones cant get comfortable. He needs to be ready to sprawl cause jones will go for the take downs and im sure hell try to impliment and early clinch game. when the strikes start piling up id consider taking jones down. i dont think hell be very comfortable on his back after being peppered and from there look for the tko to strikes or submission

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back